PDA

View Full Version : Scepter string problem

hexx
10-21-2008, 12:45 PM
i bought my scepter 2 months ago and i have shot about 1000 arrows it and now i noticed that string is almost broken. It looks like string is hitting cam corner when i shoot. Any help for this?

here's pics

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/3954/scepterstringfa1.jpg http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/8734/scepterstring1qb3.jpg

Montalaar
10-21-2008, 12:55 PM
Is your cam rotated correct? Have you searched for small sharp marks on the cam?

You should change the string anyway and get an aftermarket string. There are plenty of shops making great strings as WinnersChoice, VaporTrail, Bucknasty, Inferno, etc.

bfisher
10-21-2008, 06:48 PM
Go with Bucknasty. hint-hint!!!!!!

Now, it looks like maybe your cams are over rotated. Either that or you have a burr on the cam. I'm not that familar with the Furious cam, but try to see if the string is striking anything near the point wher the serving is broken.

You are able to post pictures. Can you put the string back on and give a side view to show us the cam orientation?

Aim4gold
10-21-2008, 07:04 PM
You made me think
I have an S4 with furious cams so I inspected that area to see if I had anything like you pictured
And no, with several thousand shots mine shows no wear at the location you indicated.
Like they said, check for a burr on the cam or over rotation (cam timing)

Do you know how to check cam timing?

And yes, Bucknasty makes a great string for the price, about 65 bucks.

hexx
10-21-2008, 09:39 PM
yup..cams were over rotated, but now its fixed + new strings.. any good online shop where to order those strings?

Aim4gold
10-22-2008, 05:27 AM
Bucknasty makes a vry good string for the money

raz4446@verizon.net
Mraz Enterprises, Inc.
c/o John Mraz
1115 Morgan Branch Rd
Marshall, NC 28753

bfisher
10-25-2008, 08:04 AM
I will say Bucknasty, too. You can find him over on www.archerytalk.com. Bucknasty is his user name. I think there is a string section in the classifieds where you can find a host of string makers. Most of them are pretty good

Just stay away from Zebra (Mathews). Winner's Choice is always touted as the best, but I've used them to and they are good, but Bucknasty is just as good at much less money.