PDA

View Full Version : Firecat cam lean. need help!

rob
10-21-2008, 05:48 PM
Hi guys. I noticed that my string is turning white right were it touches the cam at the very end ( if you slide your finger from the peep up and down the spot were the string touches the cam). Its only about a 1/4 inch long. If the very top of the cam needs to move to the right what string would you twist? The one close to me that kinda wraps around the axle or the other one that connects to the top of the cam? Its not bad at all i just do not want it to get that away. Thanks for any help.

bfisher
10-21-2008, 06:24 PM
My FireCat has just a touch of cam lean and is doing the same thing, if I'm interpretting your description properly. It looks like a touch of fraying on the serving right where the string leave the cam, right?

Well, seriously, I'm not too concerned about it. I have slowed down lately, but still manage about 150 arrows a week and mine doesn't appear to be getting any worse than it was several months ago. I've had the bow since February.

Something you can try. Put the riser under your foot and draw the bow with one hand. With the other hand apply some string wax like White Lightning or ML6 on the serving. Rub it in good and maybe this will help. Just keep and eye on it.

If it keeps getting worse then maybe a call to customer service is in order.

rob
10-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Thanks man. I've had mine for about 4 months and it started right off. like i said its not bad and like you said it is not getting worse. i just noticed that the cams had a slight lean. i think ill do what you said and just monitor it. Thanks for your help.

bfisher
10-21-2008, 06:44 PM
You're welcome. Come back any time and often. We're here to help.