PDA

View Full Version : Martin Bows At Dicks?

zach5187@aim.com
10-29-2008, 10:28 PM
okay so i was at dicks sporting goods the other day and saw they had martin bows! However none of these are called bengal or cheetah and so forth. I have since figured out that the monster buck hunter is the bengal! Does anyone know what they call the cheetah, and saber? Why is it that they are a hundred dollars cheaper than msrp on the others if they are the same thing? I had a martin jaguar and loved it and plan on buying one from dicks by this friday which one is comparable to the martin?

Aim4gold
10-31-2008, 02:03 PM
I know Dicks can't sell the Pro series but I thought they could sell the Gold series?
Do you have a pro shop in the area - they would be much more help in setting it up and fitting it correctly

buck hunter
11-01-2008, 07:44 AM
well i have a bow from dicks and it is the trophy hunter and it is based off the saber.infact it has all the same specifications as the saber and same as the monster buck hunter is a bengal.also there is the wildcat wich is baced off the jaguar with the m pro cam.there all good bows the same as the others accept for the camo i noticed.so there more like coustomized in a way.

Doberman55
11-01-2008, 10:13 AM
Actually the Monster Buck Hunter from Dick's is the Leopard bow with M-Pro cams and possibly Cheetah or Bengal limbs. Look at the shapes cut out of the riser of all three bows and location of shock absorbers to compare. The 2007 and 2008 Leopard riser is the exact same as the riser on the Monster Buck Hunter. i would think the limbs had to be switch because the Leopard (w/ mini M-Pro cam) only had a max draw weight of 55#?

1Sharpshooter
11-03-2008, 10:27 PM
They actually have to rename the bows because the dealers and big box stores are not allowed to carry the same bows other wise there would be no need for the dealers sence you can get the same bow for 100.00 less on average so they seperate the series of bows and there names.

MarkFrantz
11-04-2008, 09:59 PM
The Monster Buck Hunter is the Cheetah i have one and a Cheetah they are identical other than the name on the limbs , to not cause any confusin on here to the guys that dont have both to compair contact Martin tech to verify my corect answer , Risers are the same , limbs and cam , just take the name off of one or change the limbs it dont matter you have the same Bow ......BOTTOM LINE

Doberman55
11-07-2008, 04:14 PM
could you provide your pics...cuz every pic i see of the leopard's riser (2007-2008) on martin's website looks exactly like the monster buck hunter i got from Dick's. all this doesn't really matter cuz i love the bow but i'd like to put this to rest