PDA

View Full Version : help me!!!

cellino92
10-30-2008, 10:35 AM
hi boys! I'm an italian archer and I want to buy the Martin Mystic 2008 black platinum. Can I have your attitudes on this bow? I love this bow but i don't know if it is good for hunting: this is version that I want buy

http://www.martinarchery.com/mystic.php

I go to hunt with bow, and I don't know if this is more or less good than Saber, always for hunting.

I have 27-28" of draw lenght and I want buy 70# black platinum version

thank you for help me
sorry for my bad english :o
bye bye!

Montalaar
10-30-2008, 11:08 AM
Hi!

Nice to see another member from europe. :)

I do not know if the mystic will be the best bow for hunting. I can tell you that it is better than the Saber but i am not sure if it will fit your needs.

The longer A2A is supposed to be perfect for tournaments.

if you want to use the shoot through system you could also ask for a custom bow with magnum limbs. They can give you some additionally fps, will reduce the A2A to approx 37" and also the brace height.

You should also consider a look on the Bengal or Moab!

cellino92
10-30-2008, 12:30 PM
thanks montalaar. before xmas I will choose the bow that is good for me ( I will buy a martin certainly) and I have choose the Mystic because is my favourite :D

if there is anyone that can tell me his attitude with this bow, I am very happy because I want to heard a lot of opinions.

thank you and thanks montalaar
bye!

flytier17
10-30-2008, 01:28 PM
Well, if you get the black platinum, you may have to tape the bow up for hunting, because it will be pretty reflective.

The Mag limbs and the Furious X setup would be my chouce for a hunting version of that bow, but I would rather wait and order a new 2009 Warthog or Firecat. Those bows are much more suited to hunting. if you are only gonna be hunting, these might be a better way to go.

Also, What game are you hunting? 70lbs is pretty excessive for most game exept maybe the biggest African game. Your dl isn't that short, so you don't need the extra speed. It would really save the ole shoulders if you went with a 60lb. bow. And wth a speed cam like the Firecat and Warthog have, you will also retain the same amount of speed with a 60lb. bow as youwould a 70lb mystic, and your shoulders and back will be better for the lack of wear.

Montalaar
10-30-2008, 02:00 PM
If you are hunting in italy or in southern europe only i have to agree with alec. 60 lbs is just enough to do anything here.

If you want to buy the bow before christmas you will have to take a look at a custom mystic. ;)

cellino92
10-31-2008, 03:21 AM
In Italy the hunting is dedicated to boar or small bird. I prefer 70# version because my draw leght isn't long.
you have convince me, I will take an other version of martin bow.

I hope to say you what bow I have choose early.

thank you... bye!

cellino92
10-31-2008, 04:45 AM
hy guys! I have researc and I think that the best bows are moab or firecat, but I think that moab is good for me (for price :D). The 70# version help me because I have low draw lenght.
what kind of arrow I must use? I didn't know because I have used only recurve bows

thank you in advanced
bye!

razorjack
10-31-2008, 06:24 AM
You might consider the Martin Cheetah also,has the same IBO as the moab but cheaper,iam glad i got mine,very fast and small.Feels good in a tree stand and blind.Quiet and dead in the hand too,cant go wrong on either bow.:D

cellino92
10-31-2008, 06:55 AM
I'm in your hand, I do what you say me :D. I will decide (my money decide for me !!!);)

thanks guys!
bye!

Montalaar
10-31-2008, 08:22 AM
Again i recommend the Bengal. It is the same bow as the Cheetah but with slightly more Axle to Axle.

dbd870
10-31-2008, 10:09 AM
I have an 08 MOAB; looked at both it and the Bengal and much prefered the MOAB. If you will be buying an 09, those 2 look very similar - not sure it would make much difference. I suppose it depends on how much the roller guide makes a difference to you. I've hunted and taken game with my older Cougar which has a similar ATA to the Mystic, but I appreciate the shorter ATA of the MOAB, especially out of a treestand.

cellino92
10-31-2008, 10:45 AM
you are very good people! thanks everybody!
I haven't decided yet, but I will say you when I decided and I will insert the photo :D.
I'm searching the shop ( I prefer to take it in an american shop because is better than the italian archery shop). Is there anyone than can tell me a good shop? the site of martin is more expensive that other shop and there isn't every model.

what arrows do you use on the moab? and what about broadheads? I like the nap thunderhead but I don't know the weight.

thanks in advance
bye bye!

Montalaar
10-31-2008, 12:10 PM
I just can tell you a very good shop in germany. But i am not sure if they sell to italy. :P