PDA

View Full Version : Older Bengal Bow 1999 or 2000

fnapes
11-05-2008, 10:25 PM
Greetings,

I have an older Bengal and was wondering, with todays new cam technology, if it is possible to change out the cams to give me more letoff and more velocity and if so what would be the suggestions? I know that when I purchased the Bow new from a local dealer he had to change the modules to accomodate my short draw length and therefore I am only able to achieve about 57# with new strings and cables and about 35% letoff. This low amount of letoff makes it difficult for holding for the right shot for an extended period of time. I really like my Bengal and would like to improve it rather than buying a new Bow. (unless I have to)

55#-60#
24" draw length
23" arrow length

razorjack
11-06-2008, 05:50 AM
Helllo,cost wise i would just get a new bow,i doubt you can get parts for that bow and if you could it would cost to much.

flytier17
11-06-2008, 06:08 AM
Welcome to the Martin tech forum!

I'll second that. If you went with a high-energy cam, it might wreck the older limbs not designed for those stress levels.

For a 24" DL, why not look at a leopard. They are under $400, depending where you go. 80% letoff, and they are built for short draw archers. The '09's will be lighter yet as well. They are pretty fast for such a small bow. And, the slim grip and short A2A make it comfortable for smaller-statured archers to handle.

Hope this helps,
Alec

bfisher
11-06-2008, 10:26 AM
I'll agree to the two nuts before me. Put it simply, sell your old bow for what you can get for it. Add the cost of new cams and strings. Add maybe another $50 (at most) and you got yourself a new Leopard.

New Leopard should only run about $329 in most places. Maybe even $300 for a leftover '08. Then you'd have something with a warranty and not have to have custom strings made or anything.

Oh, and there probably wouldn't be anything wrong with a used '07 or '08 either. Depends on the size of your wallet.

fnapes
11-07-2008, 03:48 AM
Thanks for your input folks it really helps alot!

I will take a look at the new Leopard's, it sounds like sound advice. I was really looking for an excuse to buy a new Bow and now I have one. My Bengal has served me well over the years and I guess it is time to retire it.

Fnapes