PDA

View Full Version : FireHawk

bowbuck
11-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Hello, I'm 13 years old and 6 foot tall, and I was wanting to buy a new bow some time after Christmas. I really like how the FireHawk looks I can pull about 65 pounds. Would this be a good bow for me?

bfisher
11-07-2008, 11:18 AM
You're a pretty good sized young man.

Yes, the FireHawk would be OK, but don't get stuck on a poundage number. A 55-70 would be OK, but you should try shooting one first. The CatCam is an aggressive sucker. That's where the speed comes from.

Something else. If you have trouble shooting it at a higher weight then consier backing the weight off. These cams will give you as much speed at say 60# as many other smooth draw cams at 70#.

If you find the cam is too aggressive then try shooting a MOAB. It has the smoothest cam you're likely to draw. Here again. Being a smooth cam it's not going to generate as much speed, but if your primary concern is hunting then for most normal hunting distances the difference in speed is not going to make a huge difference in trajectory.

Being a young guy, take this advice. Don't let peep pressure or your ego get in the way of common sense. Don't overbow yourself and tear your shoulders apart. You have a long life ahead of you. Learn to shoot wisely.

Any other question? YOu bring 'em right to us.

bowbuck
11-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Thank you for the advice and help.