PDA

View Full Version : Scepter 4 for hunting

newbow59
11-08-2008, 11:19 AM
i am think of buying a Septer 4 with furious cam x. would like to outfit it for hunting whitetail and coyote.

am new to bow hunting. anyone have any thoughts about this? does it make sense, etc.?

dbd870
11-10-2008, 08:01 AM
While you certainly could do it I have hunted with a shorter and a longer ATA bow and especially out of my climber I prefer the shorter ATA.

scepterman30x
11-10-2008, 11:05 PM
i am think of buying a Septer 4 with furious cam x. would like to outfit it for hunting whitetail and coyote.

am new to bow hunting. anyone have any thoughts about this? does it make sense, etc.?

If all you have is the one bow I would not hesitate in using it.
If I had a choice though and I was going to use a Scepter I would outfit it with the 14" mag limbs and some NOS cams. A Scepter will smoke an arrow with this set up.

kjwhfsd
11-13-2008, 05:12 PM
For that purpose I would get the Mystic. Sweet bow the same cams just alittle shorter ata and faster.

Harpman
11-14-2008, 07:55 AM
How much faster is a Scepter with Mag (14") limbs, VS. a Scepter with Elite(17") limbs??...Apples to apples comparison?...I have a Scepter 3 with Fury X cams, and I've let the cables out, and the shoot string, to get the Fury X cams over-rotated to fit My draw, and lower the brace height a bit,...This Scepter has excellent arrow speed for it's brace height and A-T-A specs...Also, how does the back wall, and draw, and speed of the Furious X cams compare to the Fury X cams?..Alot of questions, but I'm wondering if it's worth it to upgrade to the Furious X cams vs. the older Fury X cams?...Thanks in advance....Harpman

scepterman30x
11-14-2008, 08:02 AM
The nly advantage the Furious has over the Fury is the ability to adjust the DL. Other than that they are basicaly the same cam. I do believe the 65% Fury may be a tad faster than the Furious...everything being =.

Harpman
11-14-2008, 11:36 AM
Scepterman30X....Thanks for that info....I'm also P.M.'ing You about other Scepter questions.....Jim