PDA

View Full Version : Possible riser separation Firecat

Sooner61
11-13-2008, 08:13 AM
I have just taken my new Firecat out of the box. While admiring it I noticed a crack in the camo at the bolt up point. It is where the connection above the cable guide the piece that holds the limb. It is a straight vertical line which leads me to believe the bolts that hold the 3 pieces of the riser together may be loose or maybe just torqued to the spot they will stay. I wouldn't have seen it if the camo hadn't of separated in that spot. I'm a helicopter mechanic and am use to seeing cracks lol. Beautiful bow and I'll be calling Martin. I heard there customer service is great. Anybody else see this happen. I have an old Martin Cougar speed flight that is going into retirement after 20yrs of service. Martin has great products and I look forward to the next 20 with my Firecat. Thanks

After doing some searching here (should have done that first, I know) I see that this has been seen before with no apparent problems so I 'll watch it and enjoy my new bow. Like I said If the riser was black or a solid color I would never have seen it.

bfisher
11-13-2008, 10:09 AM
Mine has what I'd call a ahirline crack. It's just the seam in the camo where the joint is bolted together. New bow? I'd say it's good. You can watch it as you shoot. Just keep an eye on it for your own piece of mind. Believe me, it's not just going to up and fall apart on you. Not only is it bolted, but there are multiple dowel pins, too.

FYI, the other joint is right at the shelf.

Sooner61
11-13-2008, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the reply, I am certain that your right and will just watch it.

Elk4me
11-15-2008, 10:37 AM
Never seen a modular Martin Riser seperate. I have shot the Firecat,Bengal, Cheetha and Moab and Pantera :cool: have owned them all at one time! I would bet it is a crack in the film dipping! The risers are not only pinned togethor but also bolted. I would say your gona be ok!:D

Elk4me
11-15-2008, 11:25 AM
Never seen a modular Martin Riser seperate. I have shot the Firecat,Bengal, Cheetha and Moab and Pantera :cool: have owned them all at one time! I would bet it is a crack in the film dipping! The risers are not only pinned togethor but also bolted. I would say your gona be ok!:D

Stu just seen the pics Emailed you my home # give me a call when you can! Looks like a chunk has been taken out of the riser somehow!:eek:

Sooner61
11-17-2008, 07:14 AM
No chunk just the camo, I saw what you saw in the pic and to double check. lol
just clean lines. thanks

Elk4me
11-17-2008, 07:24 AM
well in that case I would keep an eye on it. Maybe just the camo as you have described. Like i said before I have shot about 5 Martin 3 pc risers including the Firecat and never had a problem since they were introduced in late 06/07 bows!:D