PDA

View Full Version : 09 cable containment system ?

featherbound
11-14-2008, 02:51 PM
I have a 2008 Moab that I would like to install a cable containment system that came out for all '09 models. I called that customer support # and the lady said that the cable containment system will work on my '08 Moab. Is it true, because when I look at the picture it looks like it is installed with two screws. The bows that already have this system show mounting holes. My moab does not have these holes....... Any imput??

alex
11-15-2008, 08:49 AM
If the lady has told you that it is possible, they will know what to do.But i can't understand why do you want this change? :confused:

nocknroll
11-15-2008, 11:43 AM
I see what your saying. It doesn't look like it would fit on an 08 without putting new holes in the riser:eek:.

But "If it ain't broke....":cool:

featherbound
11-15-2008, 09:50 PM
I would like to add this because they say the containment system keeps better tension on your cables which helps to keep them a little more quieter during the shot. My Moab is quiet enough at the peak draw weight, but I do a lot of field shooting and tend to lower my draw wt so I don't kill my shoulders during the repetitive shooting. When I lower my draw weight it seems to me that the bow is much noisier during the shot(almost like there is not enough tension on the cables). So when I saw the containment system I thaught that this might solve some noise problems at the lower weight.
What do you guys/gals think about this? Do you think it will work/worth the effort?

Montalaar
11-16-2008, 12:33 AM
No. It wont worth it.

The noise is produced also by the limbs that are not fitting to the whole limb cup when you set your bow to a lower draw weight. Only if the limb attaches completely to the riser you can guess about other things that make noise. THat is even why the Limbsaver bows have this crazy limbpocket.

alex
11-16-2008, 02:19 AM
Some noise during practise must not worry you, i think.The silence is important for deer hunting or if you want to go to a vietnamese POW camp or a russian military base ;) .

featherbound
11-16-2008, 09:06 AM
Thanks for all your input. Money well saved.

bfisher
11-16-2008, 02:09 PM
I have to agree with those who say "quiet" is for hunting bows. For a target or field bow who cares? You set the bow up for you and shoot it. If the cables make a bit of noise then so be it.

I used to shoot field and loved it when someone mentioned about my bow being a noisy. I got a little pleasure in the fact that they were more concerned with that then concentrating on making their best shot.

It is true that tighter rigging will make the bow shoot a bit more quiet, but something as simple as some string silencers can cure the noise, too. And a whole lot more cheaply.

MOUNTIE1
11-17-2008, 11:45 AM
I also have an 08 Moab and emailed Martin. The response I got was that the CCS was for 09's and would not work on the older Bows. I also asked Joel about changing to the new cam and they said the string and cable would have to be changed and I would not gain enough to justify the change.