PDA

View Full Version : What peep site Firecat

Sooner61
11-14-2008, 09:10 PM
This a new bow for me and having shot a Martin Cougar speed flight for the last 18 yrs with fingers and kisser. I am moving up to a release and want to know which peep would work for the zebra string or does it matter? I have the Copper John DN2 site. Do you suggest self aligning or the one without the tube? 28"Draw 60#.

Aim4gold
11-15-2008, 05:56 AM
First, is this for target or hunting?

Montalaar
11-15-2008, 06:22 AM
With the zebra string i suggest a peep with the rubber tube. If you get a string set from one of those really great aftermarket string makers like Bucknasty, Inferno, Winnders Choice, Vaport Trail and so on i would suggest one of those small ones. The rubber tube will damage your string and cable and kill your speed.

bfisher
11-15-2008, 07:56 AM
I agree with Simon. First let me say that if you have the factory strings on your bow (2008 ?) then they are made by Stone Mountain and should be good ones. You'd be taking a major step backwards by installing Zebra strings. I would guess that you have a shop that pushes them. Believe me, they were standard equipment on Mathews bows and most knowledgable Mathews shooters replaced them right from the get-go because they never quit creeping.

That being said, I have a 2008 FireCat and have used a couple different peeps. Fletcher and G5, in different sizes. There is no peep rotation with these strings. There has been a little bit of creep over the last 10 months, which allowed the peep to turn about 2-5 degrees, but it's stable. The peep does not rotate during the draw cycle.

For you? If at all possible stay away from tube style peeps. They are heavier causing loss of speed. The tube makes noise when it slaps the cables and causes cable fraying because of this. And we all know that those stupid rubber tubes have a habit of breaking at the least opportune moment.

alex
11-15-2008, 08:14 AM
I've bought my MOAB yesterday and it has a tube peep sight installed-well,i already hate it.As far as i can see,the string doesn't rotate at drawing, so i can change the peep with a one without a tube.

Sooner61
11-15-2008, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the help. I called and found out it has the original setup. I need to do my own research some of these "pros" I have talked too know less than I do and that doesn't help me much. I would still like to know if I have an 08 or a left over from last year? I spent alot of time here searching and I like your forum. Thanks agian

Elk4me
11-15-2008, 10:32 AM
The firecat is only a 08 bow wasnt offerd in 07. So I bet it is a 08, if you have any other questions Email me again and I will give you my home number!