PDA

View Full Version : Got my new S4!!!

mtmedic
11-14-2008, 11:42 PM
I came home from work and here she was all boxed up. A 07 S4 with furious x system. I am eager to see how she shoots. I have a lot to learn about these so if there is something you think I need to know in regards to tuning and setup then speak up otherwise check it out...

Stormbringer
11-15-2008, 03:01 AM
She's a beauty for sure, does yours have the wide, or, short axles...doesn't matter, I'm just curious!

My '07 Scepter IV Elite is powered with Nitrous X, so, I'm not familiar with the Furious, but, it should be as easy to keep tuned/cam timing, as the Nitrous X is, I'd think!?! :D

A simple blade rest like a Martin mount ProTuner, a Super Peep housing with a #1 clarifier, a 6x-1/4" TrueSpot scope along with the Beiter stabilization, I've ended up with what is the cats meow for my shootin' pleasure!

Shot my first 5 spot 300 with my S4, I built her from the componants found in the AT classifieds, got the strings from LeEarl...if you enjoy yours even half as much as I do mine, you're goin' to really dig yours! ;)
________
Honda CH250 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_CH250)

flytier17
11-15-2008, 04:37 AM
Nice bow! I love that coloradocopper. Enjoy!

Elk4me
11-15-2008, 05:07 AM
Nice bow Tony glad you came back to Martin. Congradulations and good shooting!

Montalaar
11-15-2008, 06:11 AM
Great bow with a sweet look. :P

@stormbringer
You are shooting a Beiter? Wow...

mtmedic
11-15-2008, 06:43 AM
I am not overly familiar with this x system yet so for the axle question I am not sure. As for the set up I am keeping it simple. GT 30x Pros, Martin mount pro tuner, Sure-Loc with Specialty 4 or 6x scope cartel v bars and doinker stabs and v bar. I ran a few arrows through her last night and I remember why I liked these S4s.:D

mtmedic
11-15-2008, 06:45 AM
I am not overly familiar with this x system yet so for the axle question I am not sure. As for the set up I am keeping it simple. GT 30x Pros, Martin mount pro tuner, Sure-Loc with Specialty 4 or 6x scope cartel v bars and doinker stabs and v bar. I ran a few arrows through her last night and I remember why I liked these S4s.:D She also has a new set of Crackers strings and cables on. As for the color I wasn't sure I would like it in person but it is just the right amount of orange. It will stand out. I just hope I can too. :wink:

bfisher
11-15-2008, 08:05 AM
Nice bow for sure. Makes me jealous. I had a medical problem last year which led to extreme muscle loss in my left shoulder and deltoid. Lo and behold I had , at the same time, a brand new Chameleon S4 with 55# max limbs and could not shoot it. In fact, I couldn't even hold it up and draw it at 40#. So what's the best thing to do? I sold it for $600---brand new. Never had a shot out of it.

Still don't have all the strength back, but have worked my way back up and can handle 45#, but still have to have something about 3.5#. That relegates me to the shorter bows.

I'm not too broken up over it. I'm not as active a shooter as I once was so I didn't really need an S4 anyway.

Good luck with yours. Seeing how you set it up I seriously doubt that you'll need much guidance or hints. You have an idea of what you're doing.

mtmedic
11-15-2008, 12:29 PM
Guidance is forever welcome fisher. Those that that disagree only fool themselves.;) Sorry to hear about your arm. I went through a slump when I had a stroke in my left eye. I have lost most of my central vision and I didn't touch a bow for months. After I got back in the saddle I am truly blessed God left me my right eye which is dominant. Things happen for a reason and those reasons aren't always obvious. My time off was by choice and yours by disability but you are working at it and that is what counts. Good luck.