PDA

View Full Version : Martin Jaguar technical help

satan15
11-16-2008, 01:14 AM
Hello Everybody

I have been practicing archery with tradtional Indian banboo bows and am about to make my first purchase of a modern bow. I have zeroed on to the Martin Jaguar.

But I need some more information before i make the purchase.

1) The most important thing that I want to know is weather the riser on the Jaguar is drilled and tapped to take recurve sights.

2) I'm 6ft4inches so i hope i will not draw it beyond its capacity.

3) My probable setup is going to be Cartel polymer recurve sight, Martin Jet rest and Martin School arrows.

Could you please guide me because I don't want to make errors in my order.

satan15
11-21-2008, 05:32 AM
Help me out folks

scepterman30x
11-21-2008, 06:58 AM
Satan 15, accesory holes in most archery equipment are drilled and tapped to accept most if not all accesories especially if it was commercially made. Now comes the achillies heel if you will. Accesories that are generaly made for recurve equipment are not neccisarily built to handle the rigors of a very recently made modern compound bow...there is just to much recoil. That is not to say that it wont but it may not neccisarily be able to handle it so if you still plan on using it you may want to contact the manufacturer to get their opinion.

dbd870
11-21-2008, 08:25 AM
Go to a pro shop and have your draw length measured as well.

alex
11-21-2008, 09:06 AM
Here in Bulgaria there are no pro shops in which your draw lenght can be measured and i doubt that the situation in India is better :( . He must measure it himself, using the arrow on the chest trick. I guess his DL is 30" or 31".

scepterman30x
11-21-2008, 09:28 AM
The best way to check for you draw IMO is the wingspan method (winspan in inches divided by 2.5). That being said @ 6'4" (76") if his wingspan is about the same as his height ...usually they are pretty close if not the same that would = about a 30.5" draw length.

P.S. his location is in Indiana, U.S.A. not India. LOL

alex
11-21-2008, 10:18 AM
In a previous thread satan15 says he's from India and unless he has shorten the name this must be the great country in Asia. ;) We, the archers outside the US, are in a difficult position, because archery isn't very popular(except may be in GB and some other WestEuropean countries) and it's hard to find good gear.It's great that the american archers are so good and responsive to share their knowledge and experience!

flytier17
11-21-2008, 11:19 AM
I think he is talkin about the Jaguar recurve...

scepterman30x
11-21-2008, 01:01 PM
In a previous thread satan15 says he's from India and unless he has shorten the name this must be the great country in Asia. ;) We, the archers outside the US, are in a difficult position, because archery isn't very popular(except may be in GB and some other WestEuropean countries) and it's hard to find good gear.It's great that the american archers are so good and responsive to share their knowledge and experience!

I stand corrected.

dbd870
11-22-2008, 02:23 AM
I think he is talkin about the Jaguar recurve...

Oh............nevermind. :D

flytier17
11-22-2008, 08:44 AM
I couold be wrong too, but it makes sense. I think he is trying to upgrade from the other recurve he is shooting, that is my impression.

alex
11-22-2008, 11:53 AM
No, no....it's becoming quite messy. This guy, Satan 15, wants to by a new recurve-Martin Jaguar and he needs some info, but we all write too much and already don't know why :rolleyes: .The main problem is that he doesn't know whether rest and sight can be mounted on this model and also he wants to know are the ones he's chosen good-i can't help, so please,anybody!

flytier17
11-22-2008, 03:38 PM
The riser for the Jag looks to be the same as on the 07 compound Jag, in which case, the answer is YES, the acc's will fit.

satan15
11-22-2008, 10:51 PM
The riser for the Jag looks to be the same as on the 07 compound Jag, in which case, the answer is YES, the acc's will fit.

True....i read some reviews on forums and came to know that the Jaguar Recurve is just a marketing gimmick. Its actually the old left over Martin Jaguar Compound risers which have been fitted with Recurve limbs.

That gives me a bitter taste in the mouth when i consider investing in that bow

alex
11-23-2008, 02:45 AM
Satan,why don't you get a good compound bow and if you want a cheap recurve? I've read that you have shot a traditional bamboo bow and think that if you want a recurve it would be better to start with something simple.And a good compound is a good investment-you can shoot it for years.

Montalaar
11-23-2008, 03:29 AM
Maybe he does not want a compound bow but a recurve, eh? :)

alex
11-23-2008, 09:51 AM
May be you are right.I was writing from my point of view-i want both compound and recurve :D (unfortunately i'm short of money).