PDA

View Full Version : Tracer Magnum specs & arrow question

TallTexan43
11-17-2008, 01:40 AM
I was wondering what the specs were on a tracer magnum and I have a older martin bow 80lb draw with a 32 draw length and was wondering what arrows on the martin web site would be ok to use for my older bow. I have found few arrows for 80lb bows with a longer draw length available. :confused:

bfisher
11-17-2008, 07:37 PM
Probably none of the arrows from Martin are suitable. Fact is you are maybe .01% of all archers, shooting 80# and with that length the percentage drops even more.

Best thing I can tell you is to check out web sites of the different arrow makers. Carbon Impact, Carbon Tech, Carbon Express, Gold Tipand a couple others make really stiff, heavy arrows for use on really heavy game such as in Africa. Maybe these would work. Most likely they would come about 32" in a full length shaft.

Of course there's always the old stand-by----Easton aluminum.

alex
11-18-2008, 02:47 PM
I shoot 32" aluminium arrows-they are quite good, although not very accurate-taiwanian, about 4 $ per one,may be 45-50 grams.i know they are too long and heavy,but don't want to cut them,because now i can hit a rock or metal and then repair them.With one of these i've split a board,two times hit a roof-tile,twice hit thick iron,once asphalt road and after changing the nock and sharpening the tip on a benchgrinder it still flied well untill i broke it while straightening. :D

flytier17
11-18-2008, 07:21 PM
Holey Crap Alex! What the heck are you tryin to hit?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!! :D

alex
11-19-2008, 05:42 AM
:D That was at the beggining of my shooting of a compound bow, when adjusting my pin sight (the board and the tiles).I shoot in our backyard and right behind my target there are some junks.Also in August i was in the mountain, shooting long range and there hit some hard surfaces.The important is that the arrows are good and cheap.If i have used a carbon one after the first shot at a rock it would have burst like a grenade.After some 200 shots this same arrow finaly was destroyed by my new MOAB, but it has repaid its money.
P.S. Also i had a good time, while repairing-cutting,glueing,grinding,making nocks from oakwood, etc. :)

bfisher
11-19-2008, 02:07 PM
Wow Alex. Glad you explained that. I was going to suggest you change your selection of targets to something a little more "arrow friendly". LOL.

bfisher
11-19-2008, 02:09 PM
I was wondering what the specs were on a tracer magnum and I have a older martin bow 80lb draw with a 32 draw length and was wondering what arrows on the martin web site would be ok to use for my older bow. I have found few arrows for 80lb bows with a longer draw length available. :confused:

Just thought of something to look at. Gold Tip 30X. Quite stiff, large diameter, but I'm not sure of the raw shaft length.

alex
11-19-2008, 03:36 PM
;) Now i use an "arrow friendly" old suitcase with some cloths in it-stops the arrow perfectly well.Now i can't afford a 100-150$ target. Besides i'm getting quite accurate, after putting a red-dot sight with a hand-made mount on my old bow and using the MOAB with a pin sight.If i can make a suggestion for TALLTEXAN- to ask for long arrows in a pro-shop and leave the guys there solve his problem :cool: .