PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Martin Saber ? On M Pro Cams

flintforever
11-19-2008, 06:46 PM
I have my set-up at 27" draw and when shooting with one release the draw length is perfect.I also favor another release I may switch to next year but the release jaws are not as close and I have about 1/2" draw that I would like to shorten.
My question is do I need a bow press to install a different Module or can I just turn down the bow weight to replace Module?
I read the instructions manual it also states moving my cable to a different peg (higher number) it will reduce the draw length by 1/2"
I wonder which way it the better way to address the problem.
I like to ask if I move the cable end to a different peg will it change my nock and peep set up also?

Montalaar
11-19-2008, 11:44 PM
You will have to reinstall nock and peep after changing Drawlength. You will notice just a minimal difference.

With the MPro-Cam you can change the module just by removing it and isntalling the new one. No press needed at all.

flintforever
11-20-2008, 07:37 AM
I thought the screws that change the Module would be like you said no need for a press but they seem to be under the limbs and look to be a no go in getting them out unless the cam wheel needs to rotate?

Elk4me
11-20-2008, 08:34 AM
Back off the poundage , by looking thru the barrel nut located on the riser till you see a few thraeds left in thebarrel nut in the riser. Then roll the string off the cam and either change out the mod or change the post setting on the cam! If you have any questions Pm me I will give you my Number and walk you thru it or I can call you if you leave a Contact #:D

dbd870
11-20-2008, 10:24 AM
You should be able to squeeze the string/cable enough to rotate the cam so you can get to them.

flintforever
11-20-2008, 01:14 PM
Back off the poundage , by looking thru the barrel nut located on the riser till you see a few thraeds left in thebarrel nut in the riser. Then roll the string off the cam and either change out the mod or change the post setting on the cam! If you have any questions Pm me I will give you my Number and walk you thru it or I can call you if you leave a Contact #:D

thank you for the reply will keep you in mind if I get into trouble but the string removal should let the cam rotate to clear the screw from inside the limbs
next year project after the winter

bfisher
11-20-2008, 06:27 PM
You should be able to squeeze the string/cable enough to rotate the cam so you can get to them.

Try this first before backing off the limbs. If you can squeeze the cable toward the riser it rotates the cam---maybe enough to get at the setscrew. If not then you can back off the limbs and slide the string off the cam.