PDA

View Full Version : Keller Pendulum Question

Unregistered
11-19-2008, 08:52 PM
I just recently bought a Cheetah and was wandering if my old Keller pendulum sight is going to work okay with this bow. I have heard people say that the pendulums don't work as well with the new faster bows. Any replies are appreciated.

flytier17
11-20-2008, 07:30 AM
I have no experience with pendulum sights, but I can speculate as to the reason people might say this. The faster the bow, the flatter the trajectory. So the more drastic the swing of the pendulum, the more it compensates for speed. With a fast bow, shooting on a steep angle, the pin is raised farther than necessary, resulting in a low shot.

All you have to do is use a heavier arrow which is probably a good idea anyways. Also, if your DL is short or the draw weight is low, your bow will be slower.

Slap the pendulum on, and try it out. If it doesn't work, go get a pin sight like a Spot-Hogg or whatever you prefer. I like the Hoggs myself for their durability and performance. They have an unbeatable warrenty, and even their lower-end performance sights are made with the same quality and precision as the high-end models. They are easy to adjust as well.

alex
11-20-2008, 10:16 AM
Try mounting a red-dot sight-you can shoot more accurately and with both eyes open. I was sceptical about this, but when i started shooting my taiwanian bow with a red-dot i was amazed of the sniper shots :) .I'll put it on my new MOAB, but i still have no stabilizer and don't want to risk breaking the lenses.

Montalaar
11-23-2008, 05:47 AM
No lense will break without a stabilizer. I do not know why anyone is telling this.

A stabilizer is an option but not necessary. The ultra short hunting stabilizer do not even consume the shock that is produced during the shot.

The Moab has less vibration than many other bows. The only thing that can break ist the Scope rod. But they cost only up to 5 or so. I even have not seen a broken scope rod in my whole life.

Oh. You may consider getting a high quality plastic lense. They are much more effective than those glass lenses.

alex
11-23-2008, 09:43 AM
Montalaar, thanks for the info! Unfortunately i can't try mounting the scope now, because here is freezing cold and raining and i can't stay outside for long, adjusting the sight :(

Montalaar
11-23-2008, 12:48 PM
Thats why i have my own target at home.. :P

bfisher
11-23-2008, 02:39 PM
Montalaar, thanks for the info! Unfortunately i can't try mounting the scope now, because here is freezing cold and raining and i can't stay outside for long, adjusting the sight :(

Rain on the lens I can see. Freezing cold? Suck it up you whoos. Get out there and shoot. Just kidding, of course.

Here in Pa. it's getting to be miserable cold. Just in time for our winter 3D league (outside). 15 consecutive Sundays starting the weekend before Xmas. I've already gone to shoots that it was so cold that at target #4 I couldn't feelmy bow or release any more. And for some ungodly reason we call this fun.

Simon, years ago I shot a bow with a bit of vibration. I think I snapped 3 scope rods with that bow. Then I got smart and bought a SureLoc Supreme sight with the armored mount for the scope. Problem solved.

Montalaar
11-23-2008, 03:32 PM
As you know i shoot a Sureloc, too. And as far as i know you will get most sights with a scope-rod-block like the one made by Sure-Loc in these days.

bfisher
11-24-2008, 09:09 AM
As you know i shoot a Sureloc, too. And as far as i know you will get most sights with a scope-rod-block like the one made by Sure-Loc in these days.

You're right. "These days". I'm talking about 20 years ago. Some things have improved with time. Now it's gotten so good we probably don't need the scope-rod-block. Bows don't vibrate anymore. WELLLLL, at least the parallel limbed models.

alex
11-24-2008, 09:28 AM
Please forgive my ignorance, but i don't know what a "scope rod" is. :rolleyes: I've used Claude Pollington's red-dot sight system and made my own-i had the scope and gave only about 20$ for the laser cutting and the mount rings, instead of 150$.And it works. I'll put a video on YouTube soon and if you want to watch it a may give a link.The only problem is now is November,not May ;)