PDA

View Full Version : Shadowcat truarc hybrid cams?

Trapper
11-20-2008, 02:14 PM
I'm looking at a shadowcat that has the truarc system and hybrid cams but the draw length says 29-32 inches. Can this be shortened to 27 or 28 inches? I have a 28 inch draw is what I was told. The 29 is a little awkward to pull and hold. Would I have to get a new cam from martin? If so how much do they run? I like the shadowcat because of the bigger brace height for forgiveness as I'm looking at getting back into bowhunting. I looked on huntersfriend and seen that the orion and the quest both have truarc and hybrid cam systems from 2005 and their draw lengths are shorter too. Would a cam from one of those bows work on a shadowcat? Or is this something that can't be changed?

Is a shadowcat with this cam setup a good beginner bow? Have there been many problems with the hybrid cams?

Thanks

flytier17
11-20-2008, 02:57 PM
In all honesty, look for a newer bow. As Martin no longer makes the truarcs, you will have a hard time finding the parts.

How experienced are you with archery? If you've shot a bit, look for a Firecat. If your a total newbie, the MOAB is a top-notch forgiving bow that is easy to learn how to shoot.

Alec

Montalaar
11-20-2008, 10:57 PM
The Shadowcat is a great bow.

Without the TruArc+ Cam.

Just follow Alecs advice and look for a newer bow which ist still produced.

bfisher
11-21-2008, 06:20 PM
I'd agree with Alec and Simon. I have a 2005 ShadowCat so am familar with them. The bow you're talking about had to be a complete custom job or redone after it was bought because the ShadowCat was never offered with TruAcr cams.

TruArc came out in 2005 and was Martin's attempt at a hybrid. They had certain problems with them and redesigned and improved it for 2006. I don't know just why, but that was the last year for it. If I recall right there were two different sized cams to cover the draw length spectrum, but I don't recall what size covered what range.

Anybody who had problems and got warranty service for a broken TruArc ended up with a DynaCam, which is obvioously the single cam. I believe that is still their answer for anybody with TruArc problems.

The one I have came out of their custom shop. Instead of regular limb pockets I had it built with SE pockets which gives it a more "parallel limb". design. Also drops the A2A from 39" to 32" and gives it a brace height of 9 3/8" with B Nitrous X cams.

Not trying to sway you, but this falls in that 27-28" draw length range , 45-60# and is for sale if anybody wants it. PM me if interested. If you want to know about how I do business ask Alec.

flytier17
11-21-2008, 07:45 PM
Yes, Barry is a great guy to buy a bow from. I got my Pantera from him at a fair price, and it cam with the cams already perfectly timed, and no cam lean. The bow was in exactly the condition he described to me. He sent it promptly, and insured as well.

If you want a shadowcat, Barry's the guy to ask.

BTW barry, I sent you a PM about a month ago re the shadowcat and never got a reply. I think it was when you went on that long scuba trip. I can't afford it now as I spent the money in the C3 you see in my sig. However, if it isn't gone by the spring, PM me...

Montalaar
11-22-2008, 12:38 PM
@Alec

YOu got a C3? Show us some pictures. :P

flytier17
11-22-2008, 03:36 PM
Getting it. It will be here in a couple weeks;)

Diallup is a pain to post with, but I'll try...

flytier17
11-22-2008, 03:41 PM
BTW, Its the ProCat Red finish if you are familliar with it:D I drool thinking about it.

Heres a link to where I bought it. http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=761104

flytier17
11-22-2008, 03:44 PM
YOu got a C3?

DOESN'T ANYONE READ MY SIG????????????????????:mad::p

Montalaar
11-22-2008, 03:47 PM
Wow! Great! Really awesome color.

I really want this color! :P

Congratulation!

Edit: Hey Alec. You should learn about this great feature called 'edit post' :P

flytier17
11-22-2008, 08:42 PM