PDA

View Full Version : Bfisher

flytier17
11-28-2008, 11:40 AM
You should put a sig line on your posts.

Just an Idle random thought going through my head.

P.S. Check your PM box for my last one...

bfisher
11-28-2008, 10:39 PM
You gotta be kidding, right? I do that and people might think I'm important and that I actually know what I'm talking about. On the other hand............

bfisher
11-28-2008, 11:05 PM
Let's see if his works any better for you.

Montalaar
11-29-2008, 12:35 AM
Great.

I have seen that signature on an other forum some days ago. I did not know that you are a staff shooter. ...

Green with envy. :P

flytier17
11-29-2008, 07:58 AM
There you go! Much better. Now we know who you are!:D

Now you gotta work on the fancy colours too. You too Monty...

bfisher
11-29-2008, 08:25 AM
There you go! Much better. Now we know who you are!:D

Now you gotta work on the fancy colours too. You too Monty...

OK, maybe some pink and purple to match the bowstrngs I'll get on my new Moab. Go good with that new black riser.

bfisher
11-29-2008, 08:28 AM
Great.

I have seen that signature on an other forum some days ago. I did not know that you are a staff shooter. ...

Green with envy. :P

Only since 2004. Before that I was with Pearson, Prior to that Golden Eagle and prior to that XI. Started in 1993. Maybe I'm not doing such a good job as two of the four companies are now defunct.

flytier17
11-29-2008, 09:07 AM
OK, maybe some pink and purple to match the bowstrngs I'll get on my new Moab. Go good with that new black riser.

Yer kidden me right?

Check your PM box and tell me what you think of my idea on what bow you should get. In the last PM I sent you.

bfisher
11-29-2008, 06:20 PM
Yer kidden me right?

Check your PM box and tell me what you think of my idea on what bow you should get. In the last PM I sent you.

I already read it and your intentions are pure but it won't work. Draw length range would be too much. I'd be shooting right on the bottom of the range and even that might be too long. I even tossed around the idea of a WartHog with mini MPro, but that just doesn't appeal to me.

I just might get an itch later on though. I have these other two bows sitting here with Nitrous cams. One is B base and the other has A Base nitrous. Have both regular mods and mini mods. The only thing I'd have to work out is string lengths. I have a friend who would make me up some to play around with.

Whacha think?

flytier17
11-29-2008, 06:55 PM
Like I also asked in that PM, what are the other 2 bows?

I would think a Warthog Nitrous X B should be just about right. I think that given the similar geometry with the Slayer, the B's would give about 25-28 or 24.5-27.5". My best guess. I think the A's are too short. Also, whats the length of the Warthog Riser from the rear lip of each limb cup? If its the same as the 07 Slayer, then Maybe the Slayer B cam string lengths would be a place to start?

Also, were you serious about the purplepink thing? I hope not!

bfisher
11-29-2008, 08:16 PM
Like I also asked in that PM, what are the other 2 bows?

I would think a Warthog Nitrous X B should be just about right. I think that given the similar geometry with the Slayer, the B's would give about 25-28 or 24.5-27.5". My best guess. I think the A's are too short. Also, whats the length of the Warthog Riser from the rear lip of each limb cup? If its the same as the 07 Slayer, then Maybe the Slayer B cam string lengths would be a place to start?

Also, were you serious about the purplepink thing? I hope not!

What's the matter? You got aq problem with Purple and Pink? LOL.

Hey, I got a PM from a guy that's interested in the Pantera. He's asking me about the draw length and such. I told him good stuff about you. Is he looking for a 31" draw? I told him what you did--that it's a 27-30". Pretty much gave him the bow's history including a sob story of why I sold the bow to you. What are you planning anyway?

flytier17
11-30-2008, 11:10 AM
What's the matter? You got aq problem with Purple and Pink? LOL.

Hey, I got a PM from a guy that's interested in the Pantera. He's asking me about the draw length and such. I told him good stuff about you. Is he looking for a 31" draw? I told him what you did--that it's a 27-30". Pretty much gave him the bow's history including a sob story of why I sold the bow to you. What are you planning anyway?

I have the Slayer as my hunting bow. It is also the primary bow I shoot. I love shooting it, and it is my go-to bow to shoot. Every day.

I have the C3 Cougar mag as my 3-D bow. I don't need a second, and am not interested in using any other bow for 3-D. I like that one.

The Pantera was my 3-D bow, but I find the Cougar a bit nicer to shoot for 3-D, so it has been replaced as such. Right now, I use it to shoot an informal spots round every teusday night to have fun.

I would lke a serious spots bow to shoot for indoor. I am not a serious indoor shooter, but I get a lot of fun shooting with my buddies indoors, and would like to get a more serious spots bow.

If I sold the Pantera, I would need to get the price I paid for it, or close too it so that I can buy a dedicated spots bow. Or, a trade for a spots bow.

Spots bows I would consider in order of preference:

Scepter 4, 3, or 2
Razor-X
Shadowcat
P3 Phantom
Mystic

Cam systems in order of preference

Nitrous X
Furious X
Fury X

Limbs would have to be Elite 17" or straight 16".

And, with a lesser degree of importance, Bow colours in order of preference:

ProCat Red, Green, or any ProCat colour.
Coloradocopper
Chamaeleongreen
Black Platinum, Black Nickel, or Black Ghost Flame (not a flat "hunters" black or straight glossy black)
Blue Ghost Flame
Any other colour

flytier17
11-30-2008, 11:15 AM
Have the guy shoot me a PM if he's interested. Warn him of what I want for it so he doesn't think I'm crazy or something. Tell him it also comes with 1 dz. 2312 Superslams and 1 dz. 2312 Eclipses.

bfisher
11-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Do you have an add on AT? Apparently that's where the guy saw the ad and I'd think he has already talked to you as he knows I sold you the bow.

Too bad about your draw length. One of the bows you mention is one I have. A 2006 P3---all black. Problem is itwon't fit you too well unless you cut your ahnds off. It has A base Nitrous X cams with mini mods. 55# Elite (17") limbs and Bucknasty (Silver and Cranberry) strings. Thermal Elite grip. Honestly, I've probably only put 500 shots through this bow. Not a mark on it. Only dust.

I'll have to check the specs and see how long it wuld draw with standard mods. Right now I maxes at about 26.5 to 27". I haven't measured it.

And YES, it's for sale. There isn't a thing I own that doesn't have a price tag on it.

bfisher
11-30-2008, 12:38 PM
Checking the 2006 bow/cam charts it looks like the P3 would make 28.5" with standard mods. So my estimate of 26.5" with mini-mods would pan out about right as they supposedly reduce things by 2".

flytier17
11-30-2008, 03:43 PM
I have a 29-29.5" DL. Sorry about that.

I know who you are talkin about now. I contacted him about a shadowcat Elite. For a trade. He liked the Pantera, he was unsure as to wether it would go down to his 27" DL. I said yes, and told him the guy who sold it too me (you) shot it at 27", and even the limb sticker said 27". I told him to talk to you to confirm that you personally had also shot it at a 27" DL. I'm guessing that was him.

Incedently, the trade with his Shadowcat Elite NOS X fell through for the reason that his bow also only reached a 28.5" DL. Flippin guys and their piddley little arms, I tell you... Montelaar must have a heck of a time finding bows and arrows long enough with his 32" DL. Poor guy. But think of the speed he can get!

Barry; you mentioned 2 bows other than your Firecat and Shadowcat. The P3. And whats the other one?

bfisher
11-30-2008, 04:15 PM
A 2003 Pearson Freedom. Got it when I shot for them. Split limb 50-60. Single cam. Has modules from 27-30". One is 85% letoff, but I forget which one. The bow has been just hanging here for 4 years.

I got it when I shot for Pearson. 2003 was my last year. Then signed up with Martin in 2004. I gave the Freedom to my son and he shot about 20 arrows and was done.

Kids these days are not into hunting and stuff like we were in my day. We knew how to do things that didn't cost money. As if shooting target, field, 3D and hunting is cheap. Who the hell am I kidding? I've probably spent as much money on this stuff as I paid for my house.

alex
12-01-2008, 12:49 AM
The true love costs alot,bfisher!The only problem i can see is that you must live in a small house with many bows ;)

bfisher
12-01-2008, 07:29 AM
Small house? Yes, it's just me and the wife. Many bows? Nah, not so many. Four right now and getting ready to order another one which I should have ordered a month ago.

alex
12-02-2008, 12:45 AM
I was just kidding, bfisher.Good luck with the new bow! Knowing you are a pro archer i'd ask you, if you want and have the time of course, to have a look at my shooting in my YouTube videos : http://www.youtube.com/user/kaziklu79 . Any advice, comment, tip (or mockery) will be appreciated. Thanks!

flytier17
12-02-2008, 08:04 AM
Well, I did it. I'm getting 2 Scepter II's, a matching pair. RH, 60lbs, 29", new Elite limbs from 02 or 03 I think. And I'm trying to get a set or 2 of Nitrous A's to upgrade from the Fury's.

I'm sure the venerable Scepter II can still outshoot me, and they still hold a lot of records. I don't mind them being older bows at all. For 20yd. indoor, they should be fantastic.

Alec

bfisher
12-02-2008, 10:32 AM
I was just kidding, bfisher.Good luck with the new bow! Knowing you are a pro archer i'd ask you, if you want and have the time of course, to have a look at my shooting in my YouTube videos : http://www.youtube.com/user/kaziklu79 . Any advice, comment, tip (or mockery) will be appreciated. Thanks!

I take kidding well, Alex. No problem. For what it's worth I'm not a Pro. Martin ahas three levels of shooters. Gold Star(pro), Silver Star(shoot for a sales rep--regional), and Bronze Star(coop/shop shooters). I'm in the Silver Star category.

I looked at your video for a while and it's hard to tell because of the camera angles (below and behind). You need to get the camera up around shoulder level. Eventually get shots from your back side, front side and straight behind you. Even stills would be OK. Don't wear a loose shirt. A tee shirt can work fine.

But from what I can see you are leaning back after you draw and anchor. Also you move your head to the string. YOu should not have to do either. Maybe part of it is the bow's draw weight. Maybe a little heavy. I can't say anything definitive from the present video, though, except that at least you're having fun.

I might also refer you to www.archerytalk.com. Do a search on shooting form and pay attention to posts by Nut&Bolts. This guy is the absolute guru on shooting form. He gets into much more detail than my pea brain can think about. Well, I can think about it and show it, coach it. I just am not good at typing it.

alex
12-03-2008, 12:54 AM
Thank you very much, bfisher! I'll do my best to follow your advices.You're right about the draw weight-i'm used to about 55# and tought that the extra 5 pounds and the shorter A2A won't be a problem, but was obviously wrong. I'll check the ArcheryTalk, but i think you must not be so modest comparing with these guys.
P.S. No matter what the rules say, comparing to me you are a super pro archer, so let's not be so scrupulous ;) .