PDA

View Full Version : razor x cams

jesse300
12-02-2008, 10:41 AM
im getting new strings and cables on my razor x with nitrous x cams. what should i lube the axles with?

bfisher
12-02-2008, 12:03 PM
The Nitrous cams have factory sealed bearings. Therefore the axles need no lube as the bearings do not spin on the axles.

scepterman30x
12-02-2008, 01:11 PM
The Nitrous cams have factory sealed bearings. Therefore the axles need no lube as the bearings do not spin on the axles.

Not true...they are not sealed...they have two roller bearings on either end. I like to use plain white lithium grease or any lithium based grease or any high preasure lithium based grease.

bfisher
12-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Not true...they are not sealed...they have two roller bearings on either end. I like to use plain white lithium grease or any lithium based grease or any high preasure lithium based grease.

Now you gonna make me go look at mine. I could have sworn they were sealed. Still, you don't need to grease the axles.

flytier17
12-02-2008, 06:13 PM
Mine are sealed...

scepterman30x
12-02-2008, 07:37 PM
If you take the cam off the bow and can see the roller bearings then they are not sealed. I can't see what you see so I can't say you are wrong but unless you have a pair that are off the bow (off the axle and look where the axle shaft goes through) or you took them off the bow to see them I would like to know how you deemed them to be sealed. The Dyna cam and the Tru-Arc are sealed bearings.

flytier17
12-03-2008, 01:30 PM
I had mine off when I switched axels and strings on my Slayer. The inside looks like a brass tube (kinda like the inner part of a sealed bearing I thought). I could see no individual ball bearings or rollers, just a brass insert.

scepterman30x
12-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Now you did say NOS cam...correct, the furious cam has a brass bushing...you had me doubting myself so I went and looked at two sets of NOS A cams I have and yes both sets have roller bearings not the sealed bearing that are on the Dyna cam and Tru-Arc.

flytier17
12-04-2008, 03:23 PM
Mine are NOS cams...