PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Bullet x

slinger
12-02-2008, 08:03 PM
The advertized ata on a bullet x is 33" mine is at 34" Ive never really worked on any of my bows myself but I would like to give it a try. Was just wondering what some of you more experienced guys would suggest I start with. It has a vipro cam 30" draw set to max it is a 55-70 bow. It seems a little louder than it did when new would this have anything to do with that? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

bfisher
12-02-2008, 08:36 PM
It could be that the rigging has crept (gotten longer) with the string about twice as much as the cable. I usggest you weigh the bow to see if it's lost any draw weight. Measure the brace height.

Here's the deal. If the ATA is long and the brace height low, draw weight is low, then the rigging has crept. You could try bringing the bow back to specs by twisting the rigging. Approximately twice as many twists on the string compared to the cable.

Pay attention to cam rotation while doing this. I can't say for sure about the Vipro cam, but with the MPro cam there should be about 3/8" to 1/2" of groove showing where the string comes off the cam. If yours is less this might account for the extra noise you are hearing. The cam isn't in it's proper static location. Add twists to the string.

When you get done with all this then measure everything. ATA, brace height, draw weight. Measure the draw length of the bow and adjust it where you want it. Then take a pencil and draw a line on the side of the cam where it passes through ther limb fork--front and back. This is for future reference.

If you have any doubt about the condition of your string/cable then it won't hurt to start new.

Hope this info helps.

Elk4me
12-04-2008, 09:43 AM
Check out the page I have posted the true specs are 34" ATA and I also own a Bullet X and mine is 34" ATA also.

http://www.rytera.com/specs.php?bow=bullet

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b116/Elk4me/RyteraBulletXMprocam.jpg

The only differance in mine and your is the V-Pro cam is adj. in 1" incriments in Dl and my 08 M-Pro is adj in 1/2" DL incriments. Oh yeah and I have a Drawstop too.:cool:

slinger
12-04-2008, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the info guys, I looked on the Rytera web site and it said the bullet ata was 33" but in the tech info it showed 34" so glad I got that cleared up. I am going to have a new custom string made for it anyways, the factory string on it needs to be replaced, should of replaced it when it was new, never was impressed with the string and cables. I also have a STS on mine. Im thankful for this site where I can get info from people that know what there talking about and just arent trying to sell. Thanks again.