PDA

View Full Version : The elusive S3

flytier17
12-03-2008, 02:29 PM
So, Where is the S3 Scepter. There are a lot of Scepter IV's, a lot of Scepter II's, both of which are proven performers on the Target world. However, I rarely hear of people who have the S3 Scepter, or see an S3 in their sig line. Was this bow only produced for a short time? Was it not a real shooter? Were there structural problems or issues with it? Or am I just completely out to lunch here, with my head in the clouds.

I would sure like to see a picture of one to those who have one.

scepterman30x
12-03-2008, 09:26 PM
I have three S3's and two S4's...soon to be three S4's when they send me my new one.

flytier17
12-04-2008, 03:21 PM
So, What do you think of them? Compared to the S2? What cam system did they come with?

PICS! (please):D

scepterman30x
12-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Haven't ever really shot an S2 but have held them at tourneys that friends had. S2, S3 & S4 are all the same geometrically (as far as the areas of importance grip angle, limb angle etc.) the rest are changes in astetics (looks) and sleekness (S4)...however the S3 does have some of its areas radiused where the S2 has some of the same areas that have more sharp edges and corners.

My first S3 was/is a red pro cat color with fury-x cams...it now has NOS A cams.
Next was a blue ghost flame with NOS A's, a beautiful bow (riser broke and they didnt have any more):(
Then came my other two...a sunburst then a red & blue similar to the sunburst just red & blue.
Then my Colorado copper S4 2007.
Then my chrimson S4 2008.
Next will be a ? colored albeit an S4...maybe a blue if they will offer it and just like all my bows above I will slap some NOS A's on it till I run out of them then I will put Z cams on them from then on...ever shoot a S4 mag with Z cams...talk about sweet and forgiving.

I will see if I cam post pics of all my Babies for you later.

flytier17
12-05-2008, 06:59 AM
Thats a great collection you have there. You really are the "Scepterman".

I like that ProCat Red colour. My Cougar III has that finish. I saw a Scepter III on AT with a ProCat Green that looked sweet.

I guess ColoradoCopper would be my next favorite. Chaemeleon would follow.

For your next S4, why don't you get a custom colour? Like a ProCat ColoradoCopper:D

I wish I had the foresight to grab a bunch of Nitrous cams as soon as I learned they were out of production. A that point, I had not come to know just how much I liked them yet, and I also did not have the money, but I still wish sometimes...

Which Cam/Limb configuartion do you personally prefer for Spots? How about 3-D? Field?

Do you hunt at all?

cherryju1ce
12-08-2008, 03:04 PM
I've shot just about every configuration of Scepter there is, and this includes the Scepter II, Scepter III, as well as the Scepter IV. I've shot them with Elite limbs and Fury cams, Fury-X cams, Nitrous and Nitrous-X cams, and Z cams. Then came the time when I shot the Scepter II with 16" straight limbs and Fury-X cams, then Fury cams, then Nitrous cams. I've also shot the Scepter IV and Scepter II with Mag limbs and Furious cams, as well as Nitrous cams. Talk about a versatile bow? Wow. To answer your question, I had two Scepter III's and they shot really well, but to be honest, I still haven't found a bow to be as reliable as the Scepter II, and since they all have the same geometries, I feel no need to purchase another S4 or S3.

flytier17
12-09-2008, 05:52 PM
Thats nice to know as I just picked up a matching set of Scepter II's myself.

flytier17
12-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Pics anybody?????

scepterman30x
12-11-2008, 07:08 AM
[QUOTE=flytier17;11164]Thats a great collection you have there. You really are the "Scepterman".

I like that ProCat Red colour. My Cougar III has that finish. I saw a Scepter III on AT with a ProCat Green that looked sweet.

I guess ColoradoCopper would be my next favorite. Chaemeleon would follow.

For your next S4, why don't you get a custom colour? Like a ProCat ColoradoCopper:D

I wish I had the foresight to grab a bunch of Nitrous cams as soon as I learned they were out of production. A that point, I had not come to know just how much I liked them yet, and I also did not have the money, but I still wish sometimes...

Which Cam/Limb configuartion do you personally prefer for Spots? How about 3-D? Field?
Do you hunt at all?[/QUOTE

Sorry Flytier17 I forgot to answer your last question.

Yes I do hunt.

For hunting believe it or not I shoot a SlayR with 14' mag limbs and Z-cams at 70lbs. and a 6" BH. It is extremely forgiving and will smoke an arrow.

For indoor spots I use an S4 elite, 58 lbs., NOS A cams, X7 2412's unless it is an NAA indoor then I use the same but in size 2314.

For outdoor spot or spots (Fita, Field, International, 900 target, etc.) I use an S4 with 16" strait limbs, 51 lbs., NOS A cams, Easton ACE's or ACC's.

For 3D if and when I shoot one (lovem but love spots better) I shoot an S3 mag w/ NOS A's at about 64lbs. of draw, and whatever arrow shoots best.