PDA

View Full Version : New here and need answers.

Firecat Archer
12-08-2008, 09:57 PM
Hello,

I am new to the site and Martin bows. I have purchased an 08 Firecat and love this bow. It is more than I thought it could be for the price. It is awesome. I also purchased an 08 Bengal and I have concerns about this one. It is in spec with a 32 1/4 ata, a 7 inch brace height, the tiller is fine but it sounds loud ( aluminum bat hitting a baseball sound when shot) and is a 55 to 70 pound bow and is only making 60 pounds with the limb bolts turned all the way in.

Also it has the F-7 mod in it and it should go to 29" draw and it is way short. I am a 29.5" draw and with this mod (F-7) and a 1/2" d-loop it should be 29.5" but it is at least an inch short.

Any advice ia appreciated. I do not want to give up on it but so far I am not impressed with the Bengal. Hopefully there is some easy fix for it.

Thanks,

Russ

alex
12-09-2008, 03:47 AM
I think you must check your limbs and see the numbers written on them-they indicate the weight, also as far as i understand from the tech info the F7 module makes 30" DL. So the question will be-are you sure in your measuring?If so- the situation is quite complicated and you must wait the help of the more experienced archers in the forum.

Firecat Archer
12-09-2008, 06:14 AM
Yes it is an F-7 mod for 30" you are correct. But it is short, way short. Also the limbs are tagged 55 to 70 lb. My Firecat and Vectrix Xl at 29.5 and are perfect. This bow is short on the draw. If I move the draw stop I can pull the cam back to wear it stops rotating on it's own and it is still short.

Also the sound it makes on the shot did not go away even when I put an sts on it.

Russ

Elk4me
12-09-2008, 07:15 AM
Russ you will needto buy the LG Mods check the specs out below! The Sm DL Mod goes from 26-29" and the Lg Mod goes from 29.5" to 30"

http://www.martinarchery.com/tech2008.php

Give Joel C a call at martin at 1-800-541-8902 after 8 am PST and I am sure he will take care of the problem in a jiffy. If he is away from his desk leave a call back # you can be reached . This may have been overlooked at your Dealer when ordering!:cool:

Firecat Archer
12-09-2008, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the info. I will call tomorrow.

Russ