PDA

View Full Version : New Members

bfisher
12-09-2008, 07:43 AM
I did this wrong before. I would like to express a hearty welcome to all the newest members and a happy holiday to all. Nice to see this forum growing. The more the merrier I always say.

Barry

vision archery
12-09-2008, 08:45 AM
Thanks Barry, glad to be here. Hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday also.

Coop
12-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Could you send alittle snow down here for Christmas.... Take Care

pragmatic_lee
12-09-2008, 11:24 AM
I just joined this forum a short while ago and it appears that there's a lot more activity of late than there was even a couple of months ago.

Nice place to come relax. :D

bfisher
12-09-2008, 12:36 PM
Could you send alittle snow down here for Christmas.... Take Care

No can do bud. We just got our first dusting Saturday afternoon. Most of it is gone already although the temperatures have been hanging low. Hoping fora white Xmas though.

As for the increased activity? It was hunting season you know. That, and there are getting to be more people involved here. Just remember, things don't always have to be about Martin bows. We can always just shoot the breeze once in a while. We're just a happy group here.

pragmatic_lee
12-09-2008, 12:44 PM
No can do bud. We just got our first dusting Saturday afternoon. Most of it is gone already although the temperatures have been hanging low. Hoping fora white Xmas though.

As for the increased activity? It was hunting season you know. That, and there are getting to be more people involved here. Just remember, things don't always have to be about Martin bows. We can always just shoot the breeze once in a while. We're just a happy group here.

Well speaking of shooting the breeze. During the week of Thanksgiving the wife and I decided to take our long overdue 2008 vacation in your beautiful state. We spent the week in Lancaster. Yea, we visited some of the normal tourist traps, but spent the majority of our time just riding the country side trying to get lost. Seems that no matter where we went, we always ended up back at Intercourse, PA.

En route, we first encountered snow in the Baltimore area. By the time we got to York, the ground was covered. It snowed most of that Fri. and Sat. morning. I spent Sat. morning at Lancaster Archery Supply shooting in their 2nd floor showroom range. Was shooting next to a window and got to watch the snow in between shots.

Like I said, you have a beautiful State. Will be back in Jan. to shoot the LAS Classic. In fact there should be a fairly good NC showing at the Classic.

flytier17
12-09-2008, 01:04 PM
You can have all my snow! We are 4ft deep here! Had to shovel a path to the barn last light, plowed the driveway with the skidsteer. This morning, it was so deep i ahd to plow it again even to get the 4wd truck out!

Only problem is, you gotta come to Ontario to get the snow:D

vision archery
12-09-2008, 01:39 PM
I would love to come to Ontario to hunt, but you can keep all that snow.;)

alex
12-09-2008, 03:31 PM
You can give your snow to me :D .The last two years are very dry and the results are already visible-the rivers,lakes and dams are almost empty and my favourite pinewood forests are ill.This global warming ... :( :mad: Well, let's be more cheerful -for me its still early for Christmas wishes, but since Barry has started i'll join him.

bfisher
12-09-2008, 07:56 PM
Well speaking of shooting the breeze. During the week of Thanksgiving the wife and I decided to take our long overdue 2008 vacation in your beautiful state. We spent the week in Lancaster. Yea, we visited some of the normal tourist traps, but spent the majority of our time just riding the country side trying to get lost. Seems that no matter where we went, we always ended up back at Intercourse, PA.

En route, we first encountered snow in the Baltimore area. By the time we got to York, the ground was covered. It snowed most of that Fri. and Sat. morning. I spent Sat. morning at Lancaster Archery Supply shooting in their 2nd floor showroom range. Was shooting next to a window and got to watch the snow in between shots.

Like I said, you have a beautiful State. Will be back in Jan. to shoot the LAS Classic. In fact there should be a fairly good NC showing at the Classic.

Always ended up in Intercourse? I'm not going to touch that one. You aren't baiting me.

I don't shoot much competition these days, but if I remember I'll make it a point to be at LAS for the classic. I live only 40 miles west of there and almost every Saturday finds me in a scuba shop only about 3 miles from LAS.
Keep me posted.

Coop
12-10-2008, 08:29 PM

I would like to Thank you for the info on the bow(S4)..but also,,,, for sending down the "SNOW", we are receiving the 1st snow of the season..and probably the last..doesn't snow here in Houston very often... Thanks Again...

PS I knew you could do it!

banshee42096
12-12-2008, 12:50 PM
i thought all the new traffic was because i joined:D