PDA

View Full Version : cracked limb on 08 Bengal

jenzlin
12-10-2008, 04:25 PM
I purchased a bengal last year which I have been rather happy with However I noticed recently that the upper limb was splitting. Is this a comon problem? Could it be a climate issue(it was -15 celsius the day i noticed)? Is there something i may have done wrong?ei. undersized my draw or improper storage
I have brought it to my dealer and he is going to through the warrantly process. I only have 1 month left of hunting and now I have no bow!!!
I hope this is an isolated incident and is not happening to others.

Elk4me
12-10-2008, 05:47 PM
I have never herd of limbs cracking on a Bengal, but I imagine it could happen. How long did your Dealer say it would take to get limbs from Martin? I had a cracked set on my Firecat and called Martin and had limbs in 3 days. If your dealer cant get it fixed call martin Directly at 1-800-541-8902 and ask for Joel C. Call after 8 am PST M-Th. All manufactures have limb failures, was the bow dropped? was it pressed without backing limb bolts out a few turns? Do you know you can work on all Martin bows without a Bow press. If you have any questions feel free to PM me if you want. Hope you get the bow fixed quick and are back Hunting soon!:cool:

vision archery
12-10-2008, 05:49 PM
I have the 08 firecat and it had a limb chip bust out on the end, and they fixed it. But didn't fix it right but they are sending new limbs for that. I have noticed martin seems to have alot of limb problems, and I owned a firecat back in the 90's also that the limb split twice on it. It shouldn't be a problem getting it fixed through them. Best of luck.

dbd870
12-11-2008, 05:49 AM
Agreed, I don't remember reading about a cracked limb on any MPro cammed bow; like they said it can happen to any of them. I'm willing to cut Martin a little slack on the Firecat limbs; the CAT cam is their first venture into hybrids and while they do seem to have had a few limb problems, they have a record of excellent customer service and I believe they'll work through anything that needs to be there.

jenzlin
12-12-2008, 09:19 AM
he was hoping to have it repaired in a couple of weeks. So i may get some hunting out if it yet this year.
maybe Martin will even pull through with some freebies for my troubles;):D
thanks for the input

jenzlin
12-12-2008, 09:29 AM
sorry Elk4me
to answer you questions no it has not been dropped and I don't believe that it has ever even been in a bow press. The only thing that make me wonder is the draw length, have a 30 in draw and it seems a bit shorter than what I previously shot. Am I possibly pulling too far on it? I know that you are not supposed to shoot a bow that is set up shorter than your draw. I don't know I am just trying to find a reasons