PDA

View Full Version : Had to school Bass Pro on the Cheetah..

recondoc
12-14-2008, 12:40 PM
Howdy folks,
I went to Bass Pro yesterday to pick up some new string loops. (Yes, I actually had one break while drawing a bow and getting punched in the face by me was a real embarrassment.) The brand I originally had on my bow was an Allen and it lasted for about 250 arrows. While I was there, I decided to upgrade my peep sight. This is where trouble comes in. When the BPS tech mounted my new peep, he attached the tubing to the section of shooting string that runs over the idler wheel. He attached it very low on the string dressing. When I went to draw the bow, the string jumped off of the idler. We put it back in the press, reset the string and presto, it did it again. He told me that he has had this problem on almost all of the Cheetah bows he has sold and was surprised that I hadn't had that problem yet. After taking my bow home, I looked over the dynamics of th situation. What would suddenly bring on this problem when it hadn't occurred previously? I moved the tubing mount to the right side of my split cable and the problem has gone away. What was happening was that every centimeter of the dressed section of the shooting string runs over the idler wheel. With the tubing mount in place, it was jumping the string off of the wheel when drawn. I called the tech at BPS and informed him of my discovery. Hopefully, BPS will see sudden decline in the number of Cheetahs being returned due to them setting them up wrong.
Doc

alex
12-16-2008, 03:29 AM
Well done!

bfisher
12-16-2008, 08:39 AM
It's quite apparent that the staff needs some schooling at this store. Now I would suggest you go back and actually show what you did so they learn from it. You did good.