PDA

View Full Version : Need a new bow, need help

Unregistered
12-15-2008, 03:49 PM
I am new to archery and don't know much about bows. I have been looking at new and used bows on AT and have some questions.
I have around 300 bucks to spend maybe just a little more. I saw a used Phantom II for 160 that looks like a nice bow it is an 05 model. The draw length is a little off for me. Can you still get modules for that bow.

Then I saw an 08 clearance sale on Moabs for 280 bare bow. New bow would be nice but no accesories and I don't know how to set one up.

Academy has a couple of martin bows with an accesory kit but is that stuff junk or is it ok? I think they are the cheetah and another one. Are these a cheaper line of bow or pretty good.

What are your thoughts.

Elk4me
12-15-2008, 04:28 PM
I am new to archery and don't know much about bows. I have been looking at new and used bows on AT and have some questions.
I have around 300 bucks to spend maybe just a little more. I saw a used Phantom II for 160 that looks like a nice bow it is an 05 model. The draw length is a little off for me. Can you still get modules for that bow.

Then I saw an 08 clearance sale on Moabs for 280 bare bow. New bow would be nice but no accesories and I don't know how to set one up.

Academy has a couple of martin bows with an accesory kit but is that stuff junk or is it ok? I think they are the cheetah and another one. Are these a cheaper line of bow or pretty good.

What are your thoughts.
I would buy that P III on AT if I had the funds. The cheetha is a great bow as well as the Bengal. What DW and DL are you looking for?

Nova
12-15-2008, 09:37 PM
Stupid thing let me post a question without registering but I could not reply to my own thread.

Anyway, I need a 28" drawlength and 60-70#. I thought by buying used I could get a more complete setup for the money.

Elk are you talking about the 2005 PII or is the one you are talking about different?

If it is the same one I am talking about I am seriously considering it. It is well within my budget and would probably allow me to get the things that do not come with it. I don't know anything about that bow or how they perform. Also as I recall the draw length was not exactly right. Are modules still available for that bow?

Elk4me
12-15-2008, 11:19 PM
I think we are talking about the same bow! Selling for $160 on AT, and the DW is NOT 60-70# martin limbs come in 15# DW Incriments so it will go from 55-70# DW.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=793273

DL mods are still avaliable and I have a bunch in my Desk drawer. I would buy the bow . It was a very nice set up Pro series bow when it was produced in 05. I have Dl mods if you need them I am just a Pm away!:cool:

Nova
12-21-2008, 10:45 PM
I bought the bow. Can't wait till it gets here. Stay tuned!

Elk4me
12-21-2008, 11:19 PM
I bought the bow. Can't wait till it gets here. Stay tuned!:rolleyes: Congradulations and Welcome to the Martin Family! If you ever decide you dont like the bow or want to sell it let me know!

bfisher
12-22-2008, 08:55 AM
Glad you made up your mind. You'll do OK. If the main purpose is for hunting I was going to suggest you jump on that new MOAB. That's a really good price for that bow. We could help you set it up, but you might run out of funds.

That's OK. Don't second guess yourself. If the bow is as advertised there is nothing at all wrong with a used bow. We all had to start somewhere. Just enjoy the experience.

Nova
12-22-2008, 04:50 PM
He sold them all pretty fast. That helped make up my mind. I figured by the time I got it rigged out I would be out of money anyway. Hopefully this bow will get me going for a while.