PDA

View Full Version : broken limbs

martinmagnus
12-16-2008, 03:43 PM
MY 2002 70# Martin cougar bow limbs split. I talked to Joel and they were warrantied through all-star archery in Louisville, Texas. I was sent 80 pound limbs. In the meantime I purchased a 2008 fire cat which now has broken limbs. Please help...I now have a cougar that is hell to draw in the cold and a fire cat which now can only be drawn by the bold....

flytier17
12-16-2008, 05:47 PM
Well, this is indeed an unfortunate incedent. I would contact joel again as you definetly should get the limbs of your preferred choice. Make sure they will do the same for the firecats limbs.

There ahve been several instances of Firecat limbs breaking. This is most likely due to the new limb pocket design and the CAT cams combined than the limbs as the Slayers and MOABs have had very few issues. This new limb pocket was a big step for Martin, and so far they have done really well with it. Martin honours all warrenties within their set parameters, and will do so in the future. They have addressed the issue with the new bolt design and cleaner limb tips as well. We'll see how they work. Maye you can get Martin to send you out the new limb and bolt design when they get replaced.

In the meantime, the Cougar can be backed down to65lbs, so it will be a bit easier for you.

Contact martin again, as they will take care ogf you. They have good customer service; yours was probably a random mishap. Hopefully, it will get better from here for you.

All the best with that,
Alec