PDA

View Full Version : which arrow for cheetah

fantarain
12-18-2008, 09:08 AM
I just bought a 08 cheetach 28" draw length, 55 lbs draw weight using 100 gr tip. I am trying to select a matching arrow (brand and model) for it for hunting. But I have no clue where to start at all:(. Could any of you give me some suggestion from your experience? Please include the brand name, model, weight etc. info. I am looking for an affordable but also good quality arrow. Thanks a lot!

Elk4me
12-18-2008, 09:25 AM
I just bought a 08 cheetach 28" draw length, 55 lbs draw weight using 100 gr tip. I am trying to select a matching arrow (brand and model) for it for hunting. But I have no clue where to start at all:(. Could any of you give me some suggestion from your experience? Please include the brand name, model, weight etc. info. I am looking for an affordable but also good quality arrow. Thanks a lot!

I am gona use the Beaman Bowhunter for my 60# bow, in the 400's. I have my arrow cut to 27" with a 27.5" DL. Will you be shooting 55# DW for a while or do you plan on going up in DW anythime soon. What kinda rest are you using and what DW is your bow a 45-60# ot a 55-70# DW bow. Do you plan on Hunting with this arrow , Target or 3D? Beman makes great arrows owned by Easton.

If you could provide some more info we can help you out further.

fantarain
12-18-2008, 09:47 AM
The draw weight range for the limb is 45-60lbs, I will use it for hunting most of the time. my draw weight will keep around 55 lbs so far. And I am using Whisker Biscuit rest.

Do you suggest put the right helical on the vane or just leave it straight?

I am gona use the Beaman Bowhunter for my 60# bow, in the 400's. I have my arrow cut to 27" with a 27.5" DL. Will you be shooting 55# DW for a while or do you plan on going up in DW anythime soon. What kinda rest are you using and what DW is your bow a 45-60# ot a 55-70# DW bow. Do you plan on Hunting with this arrow , Target or 3D? Beman makes great arrows owned by Easton.

If you could provide some more info we can help you out further.

dbd870
12-18-2008, 09:52 AM
He states he wants to use them for hunting. Easton Epics, or Bemens, or Victory VForce in the 400 size; really there are many good choices. I think something between 6 and 7gr/# of draw weight for hunting would be preferable. My 3D arrows are 5.2gr/# and right or wrong I feel they are just a little too light for playing in the woods so I switch arrows and use a 7.1gr/# arrow.

razorjack
12-18-2008, 03:29 PM
You cant really beat the Easton ST epic 400 arrows,thats what i use and couldnt be happier.Their nice and smooth so no noise drawing with a whisker biscuit,and they are nice and stiff.I really like them......:)