PDA

View Full Version : 3-D shaft

flytier17
12-20-2008, 08:25 PM
I was choosing a 3-D shaft. I have Fatboy 500's, but they were too weak. I upgraded to Carbon Express CXL-II's. These are my first non-easton shafts since I startedactually learning about arrows and paying attention to them. How do they stack up? (pardon the pun) DO they have a consistent seamless spine around the whole shaft? Also, what was your impression on the nock collar?

vision archery
12-20-2008, 09:04 PM
I have shot both the CXL'S and the linejammer arrows and I really like them. Seem to be a good strong arrow and the collar works well. If someone hits the back end of the arrow it just busts the nock and not the arrow. Right now I am just shooting what I hunt with even in 3-D, I have to shoot good for my shafts are not fat and I have to get really close to cut the lines LOL. But will be going to another shaft this upcomming season, not sure which one yet.

bfisher
12-21-2008, 03:29 PM
The only thig I have ever had against the large diameter CE arrows is that I refuse to pull them from 3D targets. I've torn my shoulders apart enough over the years and need not try to prove anything with these arrows---specifically Line Jammers.

flytier17
12-21-2008, 04:35 PM
Scorpion Venom Arrow Lube?

Montalaar
12-22-2008, 02:56 AM
Works with every Carbon arrow i have tested... But it does not last very long.

flytier17
12-22-2008, 08:05 AM
I have it, and it works. I get about 5-7 shots before I need to recoat. Even in balled up Saran wrap, it works fine.

bfisher
12-22-2008, 08:21 AM
I've been through the arrow lube scenerio, too, and tired of it. I've never found one lube that works better than any other, including good ole Ivory soap.

The best thing I've found is to use bulge points that are slightly bigger than the arrows so that the shaft itself does not burn into the target. PDP is a good example. Also Gold Tip makes such points and combined with my UL 500 Pros things are a little easier. Also with my Pro 22 series. Most times with these I don't even need an arrow puller.

I'm actually thinking of trying some X-Cutters this year. I wonder how a 250 spine will work out of a 45# bow.

But by and large the easiest solution is named Rinehart.