PDA

View Full Version : warranty

Unregistered
12-23-2008, 08:12 AM
does anybody know if martin will honor their warranty to a second owner? i'm looking to pick up an 08 firecat that apparently has had the limbs replaced twice. i don't want to be left with all of the repair costs if this bow continues to have problems. i would love to shoot a martin bow again, but i don't want to be stuck with someone elses headache. thanks!

dbd870
12-23-2008, 11:18 AM
It states in the manual original owner, however Martin has been known to go above and beyond before. Having said that I think I'd steer clear if I were in your situation.

Montalaar
12-23-2008, 12:17 PM
Sounds like vision archerys bow.. :P

bfisher
12-23-2008, 05:29 PM
Sounds like vision archerys bow.. :P

That thought came to my mind, too.

vision archery
12-23-2008, 06:03 PM
Yes it is my bow, but the reason the limbs was relaced a second time you all know was the wrong limbs was put on by martin. Not because they broke.

flytier17
12-24-2008, 12:03 PM
Even if Martin will not honour the warrenty, they will take good care in setting you up again.

I think in certain circumstances if the owner of a shop sells his personal Martin bow to someone else, and he is a Martin Pro-Series dealer, and the buyer has a POP, Martin will honour the warrety. It happened at my local shop. One of the shops staff sold his Firecat and got an S4 Scepter i its stead. The Firecats Buyer got a POP, and Martin did tell him the bow was still under warrenty. Thats only 1 example though.