PDA

View Full Version : 2"s of draw

vision archery
12-25-2008, 12:38 PM
If I am shooting a bow @27" and go up to 29" how much more speed will it gain?About 10 more fps or so?

bfisher
12-25-2008, 06:07 PM
You'll usually see about 10-12 fps per inch increase in draw length. There is a a problems with this though. Why are you thinking of adding 2" to the bow's draw length. Is it for the speed or is it because you are in need of that 29".

If you are properly fitted and should shoot something around 27" then it would be a big mistake to increase the draw 2" just for the sake of speed. QWhat you gain in speed can be negated tremendously by a lack of accuracy on your part because of a now ill fitting bow.

It's not worth it. Trust me. I shoot around 26.5 to 27" and would just love to be able to have longer arms, but life isn't that way. I used to shoot around 28" and worked my way down to what fits a lot better. The better fit means that the bow aims more solidly without waving all over the place while aiming. I don't have to try to hold it still. It just does. And it's a whole lot easier to stay against that draw stop too. Now when I try to shoot at 27.5" the whole bow just feels lousy. No control whatsoever.

vision archery
12-25-2008, 08:49 PM
I shoot 28.5 to 29, I am looking at abow with 27 and was just wondering how much it would gain. Thanks for the reply.

bfisher
12-26-2008, 08:37 AM
What bow if I may ask. Is it adjustable up another two inches and if so how is it done? If it's by using a module or a rotating module you should be OK. If it changes by moving the string within slots on the cam (not that common anymore) then the weight will go up a lot by adding two inches of draw.