PDA

View Full Version : Jaguar with an m-pro cam?

Trapper
12-25-2008, 02:28 PM
I have a guy at work that might be selling his jaguar. It has the dyna cam now and is 55-70# bow, can a guy put an m-pro cam on it? What would the cost be? The reason is I want a smoother drawing bow. I also was wondering if the jag ever came with the m-pro cam on it? I'd like to get a new bow (MOAB) but don't have the $450 -$500 for a new set up. I'm looking at getting back into bowhunting after 15 years away from it.

alex
12-25-2008, 02:55 PM
I believe you can, but may be when you take the new cams, the string and the cable the expenses will be close to those for a new bow, unless i'm wrong.

Montalaar
12-25-2008, 03:24 PM
You can change the Cam without a problem but you will have to buy the new Cam/Idler and also a new set of strings and cables. You can get a good set of strings and cables for around 70$ or maybe less. I am not aware of the prices for new cams in the US but i think you will have to play around 100$ for them also plus the costs for the bow.

Trapper
12-25-2008, 03:25 PM
I didn't realize I'd have to change the cables and string as well. Is the m-pro cam a lot smoother drawing cam than the dyna? I've heard and rerad that it is but haven't been to a martin dealer to try one.

Montalaar
12-25-2008, 03:28 PM
I do not have the force-draw-curve for the new 09MPro cams but i think they might be a bit smoother. The 2008-Mpro was definately smoother to draw than the DynaCam as the DynaCam is a SoloCam but also dedicated to produce some speed.

Trapper
12-25-2008, 06:32 PM
Did martin ever make the jaguar model with an m-pro cam right from the factory?

bfisher
12-25-2008, 06:44 PM
I don't think so. The MPro has only been on the market for two years. I think Martin actually fazed out the Jag before the MPro came on the scene.

Elk4me
12-26-2008, 01:23 AM
Did martin ever make the jaguar model with an m-pro cam right from the factory?
I think the Jaguar was fazed out beforethe 07 M-Pro hit the sceene but I do belive that Martin makes bow for Dicks Sporting goods witht he jaguar riser and a M-pro cam( Magcat). If you ever decide to make thant change in cams let me know I will buy the Dynacam and Idiller wheel from you in a heart beat!:cool: Best bet is to call Martin Monday and ask for Joel C and see what you can come up with about limb deflection and Cam and Idlier and string and cable legnths!

1-800-541-8902