PDA

View Full Version : String Question??? Help!!!

Jodi
12-28-2008, 07:33 AM
I bought my son a Martin Magnumn(MAGCAT). It needs a new string becuase someone frayed it near the peep. I called martin and they sent me a new string. Here is my question. On the lower linb of the bow it reads. WT 55-70#, Draw MP, Letoff H, Shoot 87 1/2, split Blank, Ctrl 35 3/4 On the string I was sent it reads Legnth 86 1/2 - 33 3/4 (single cam shoot #340) Is this the right string? Shouldn't the numbers 87 1/2 and 35 3/4 match up? I shoot a Martin Mamba recurve and am inorgant to coumpounds as it has been about fifteen years since I had one.

Montalaar
12-28-2008, 08:04 AM
DO not listen to what i wrote anyway. :D

Oh and just by the way. Think about ordering strings from aftermarket string makers. Those strings are not much more expensive but of a much higher quality!

bfisher
12-28-2008, 02:45 PM
According to the Tech charts on Martin's website you have the correct length string and cable. You can check it yourself. Check the 2008Tech charts, clear at the bottom.

It's quite possible that some specs were changed after your bow was built.

Who is going to change your rigging. If it's you then once you remove the old string stretch it out with the new one side by side for comparison. Same with the cable. Possibly the older string/cable will be somewhat longer, depending on how much it was shot, but it shouldn't be more than about
1/4" in any case.

If there is a discrepancy then call customer service to sort it out. And please let us know what you find out. We sometimes learn from others' experience and can pass it on to others.