PDA

View Full Version : Draw stop rubber boot!!!!!

razorjack
12-28-2008, 10:59 AM
Hello all,the draw stop on my cheetah has that rubber boot and after a few shots it wants to come off,is it really needed!and if it is needed any tricks to keeping it in place.........

Montalaar
12-28-2008, 12:41 PM
It is needed.

It prevents the limb from taking damage if you draw the bow and the stop hits the limb. It is just an additional protection to the felt on the limb.

Just an idea to prevent it coming off. You could put some strands of string or serving thread around the the metal and put the rubber over it. Maybe some glue will help also.

bfisher
12-28-2008, 02:20 PM
I know what you're talking about and I'm not certain that it's needed for protecting the limb. You do have that furry little stick on bumper on the limb, right? This will protect the limb. The only thing you might have to do is move the draw stop about 1/16" to make up for the thickness of that rubber bumper not being there. Believe me, that little bit does make a difference.

Hey, give it a try. You have nothing to lose and then you'll know for yourself. Don't be afraid to play. The whole bow is just a big toy.