PDA

View Full Version : new martin

jjallen
12-30-2008, 06:15 AM
I am looking to get a MOAB but have heard stories of limbs breaking with Martin Bows. Is this true? Have you had any issues?

bowgramp59
12-30-2008, 06:54 AM
i had a limb to crack on my 2008 moab! i called martin and they sent me two new limbs very fast. there customer service is great. i have shot the new limbs many many times without any problems, and when i get back from my trip to virginia i plan on buying a 2009 moab, they are great shooting bows.and they are still in the price range that i can handle. way below some of the other company's , and the moab is as good if not better than some of the higher priced bows along with the great customer service i don't think you could go wrong . good luck:)

canuck1056
12-30-2008, 07:39 AM
One of my customers had a 08 firecat limb split on him , my supplier asked what numbers were on the limb when I read them off she said ya Martin had a bad batch of limbs but didn't catch them all before they got out . That was early 08 ,Martin is my top selling bow and there have been NO other limb issues up till now . Even if there was Martin C/S is second to none.

flytier17
12-30-2008, 09:12 AM
Well, that is partly true. Martin had a few problems with the higher-poundage FireCats. You'll notice they were the ones with the CAT cams (agressive draw cycle), and the Roto Limb Pocket system. However, Martin cleared up the ussue, and they honour their warrenty very well. You should have no problems with the MOAB.

Every company has limb issues to some degree. However, they are rare, and if you are the original owner, you will be taken care of.

bfisher
12-30-2008, 09:30 AM
Add to what the others have said that there are always going to be limb problems with any company. They cannot control how the bows are shot once they leave the factory. Some people just have to push the limits chasing speed.

If there were any surveys done you'd probably find it happens more often with longer draw lengths, too. Longer draw means more stress on the whole system.

Frankly I'm surprised there isn't more breakage as it borders on about 1% for all manufacturers.