PDA

View Full Version : Have a question about my sight!!!!!!!!!!

razorjack
01-01-2009, 07:23 PM
I have been using a pedulum sight for this season,well i missed out on some nice bucks,they were to far out.Well i just purchased a trophy taker hot spot sight with three 0.19 pins for i can reach out a little further.For some reason when i look through my peep i can see a ghost image of the ring and pins to the right of where sight is.Ive never had this problem before....
I wonder if my pins being so small is the problem,the single pin on my pendulum was huge.maybe i will have to get used to it.Also will a peep with a clarifyer help!
I can still shoot but it's starting to bug me,but i really like the way i can see more of the target.....i use a 1/4"peep as recommended on package,thanks for any help.

bfisher
01-01-2009, 08:01 PM
A Clarifier is not going to help. Clarifiers are used to clear up the target image when using a scope lens. Speialty Archery makes several types of ball peeps that use their "Verifer" inserts, of which there are several different diopters. These are for use by people that use bifocal lenses of reading glasses (Old people). If you are in need of a Verifier then I can explain more later. Just let me know.

Do you shoot with glasses? I find the same thing with my new glasses. Prior to this I shot without my glasses and had no ghost images, but things sure were blurry. Both pins and target.

I haven't figured out where the ghost image is coming from so can't help with that. I just take my glasses off to shoot just like always. I know it's from my glasses and maybe getting anti-reflective coating on my lenses would work, but it's not that important just yet.

razorjack
01-01-2009, 09:19 PM
No i dont shoot with glasses,no do i wear any.But at 45 iam using reading glasses from walmart,150 magnified ones to read with.
I got this sight this week,at first the pins were a little blurry,now that is better,but this ghosting image i dont get.Maybe a peep with
"Verifer" inserts will help.Does that aound like it would!!!

bfisher
01-01-2009, 10:03 PM
Not really. The Verifier is just a peep with a lens similar to bifocals in that it clears up your pins if they are blurry. Verifiers are made in five different diopters and are numbered 5 thru 9, with #5 having the least diopter.

Get too much diopter and your pins get clear but the target gets real blurry. The best way to see which one you'd want is to be able to try them. I'd almost bet that you'd only need a #5, if you need one at all.

www.specialtyarchery.com is a place to look at them. Remember, you have to have one of their Ball Peeps to put the insert into. There are a couple different models of peeps and also the Verifiers come in different diameters, too. Getting confused?

There is also a hunter model that uses a tube aligner and a larger insert kit.

You can check prices of these things at www.lancasterarchery.com. Believe me, they aren't cheap. I have serious doubts that is your problem anyway.

It's possible that your peep is too big, or the wrong color. What peep are you using now? I'm using a G5 5/16". Wonder if it's the blue color? Maybe try a 1/4" Fletcher True Peep. I'm kinda thinking out loud here for me as well as you.

razorjack
01-01-2009, 10:13 PM
Right now iam using a tube and peep,peep is 1/4",for some reason that was reccomended on the instructions.
I had a 1/8" peep on at first,but it was to restictive,had a reflection to it.
Also i shoot with both eyes open,i tried one eye and of course the ghosting was gone,but i sure like both eyes open.
Just for grins i will put a cheap truglo sight on with 0.29 pins and see what happens.I sure hope using that pendulum sight didnt screw with my eye's...thanks for your help so far.....

alex
01-02-2009, 05:32 AM
If you shoot with both eyes open, why don't you try a red-dot sight, like those on the Oneida bows? I've made a mount system for my Walter red-dot and use it on my old compound bow (too lazy to try it with my MOAB :o ).I can say that it is as accurate as the pin sights and peeps or even better and you can shoot without staring through the bloody ever-rotating peeps.If you are interested i can give a link to some YouTube videos (mine including ;) ).

razorjack
01-02-2009, 06:04 AM
If you shoot with both eyes open, why don't you try a red-dot sight, like those on the Oneida bows? I've made a mount system for my Walter red-dot and use it on my old compound bow (too lazy to try it with my MOAB :o ).I can say that it is as accurate as the pin sights and peeps or even better and you can shoot without staring through the bloody ever-rotating peeps.If you are interested i can give a link to some YouTube videos (mine including ;) ).

Ya shoot me a link,thanks.

alex
01-02-2009, 08:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNU5EfkWefM&feature=channel_page
Not very modest, but this is my video :rolleyes: after it you can watch the OneidaBows (just to say my mount costs less then 20$).