PDA

View Full Version : firecat timing

bowgramp59
01-02-2009, 06:45 AM
i have a couple of questions ! when you put a new string on the firecat do you have to take it to the pro shop and is difficult to get and keep in time? i can change the strings on my single cam bows whitout any problems.i'm trying to decide between a fircat and a moab , i like to do most of the work on my bows . i would like to hav a little more speed that the firecat has but without a bunch of tunning problems. thank you

bowgramp59
01-04-2009, 07:56 AM
i have a couple of questions ! when you put a new string on the firecat do you have to take it to the pro shop and is difficult to get and keep in time? i can change the strings on my single cam bows whitout any problems.i'm trying to decide between a fircat and a moab , i like to do most of the work on my bows . i would like to hav a little more speed that the firecat has but without a bunch of tunning problems. thank you

guess not!

SandSquid
01-04-2009, 08:41 AM
As far as I know, installing a new shooting string will not effect timing, that's effected by the bus cables.

There is nothing on any bow that the clear thinking owner cannot do, or learn to do with the proper tools, time, and temperament.

If you are going to be fiddling w/ the ATA by twisting your shooting string and adjusting timing by twisting bus cables, you are going to want a bow press. It can be done without one, but it's MUCH faster with one

flytier17
01-05-2009, 07:16 AM
I find solocams harder to tune because of nock travel, cam lean/limb twist, and other pecularities solos have.

If you have the tools, and the knowledge, you should have no problem tuning your firecat. If you have any problems or specific questions, just post here and we will see what we can do.