PDA

View Full Version : Draw weight VS pull length

Korak
01-04-2009, 08:48 AM
My new Bengal is a 50#. The dealer says that it will be 50 regardless of draw length. A friend that has years of experience says that it will be less.
The bow has M2 cam.

dbd870
01-04-2009, 08:54 AM
The dealer is right; any difference would be triffling.

bfisher
01-04-2009, 04:02 PM
It's possible they could both be right. It just depends on how the draw length is being adjusted.

If it's being adjusted by changing a draw length module then it will not affect the draw weight, in which case the dealer is right.

If the draw length is being changed or tweaked a bit by twisting the string or cable then it will change. Add twists to the string and/or untwist the cable and the draw length gets shorter, and the draw weight will become less. Twist the cables to shorten them and/or untwist the string and the draw weight will go up.

Most often, and I think the is is the case, you are referring to changing a draw module. I only added the second part in case someone wants to be more critical.

flytier17
01-05-2009, 07:23 AM
I agree with Barry. I just have one thing to add. I find changing DL on a solo by twisting cables to be not uncommon, but mostly with mathews shooters whose bows do not have an adjustable DL.

Korak
01-05-2009, 10:05 AM
it was done by module. Thanks folks.