PDA

View Full Version : Noisy Moab!

Fullback
01-04-2009, 04:53 PM
Hello everyone. I bought an 08 Moab to try out for the wife. I had read a lot of comparisons with my Switchback as far as smothness, and being quiet. Well, there's got to be a problem! Everytime I shoot her bow the string twangs like a bass guitar! I ordered the Martin STS for it and am waiting for it to get here. I hope that solves the issue, but I thought I would post here to see if I'm missing something. Any help would be appreciated. The bow does shoot nice though! Another question, what are the numbers I see on the limbs for?

flytier17
01-05-2009, 07:26 AM
The sts should help.

Id the cam overrotated? There should be 1/2" - 3/8" of grove showing where the string comes off the cam. If it is overrotated, there will be excessive noise.

Are there silencers in the string as it is?

Are all the screws tightened and snugged up on the modules?

Alec

flytier17
01-05-2009, 07:28 AM
The #'s on the limbs are the limb deflection #'s, telling you what pound range the bow will giev with a particular cam system. A 1 # increment is 5lbs, and a letter increment (l, m, or h), is about 3lbs.

Fullback
01-05-2009, 11:28 PM
I checked the cam and it seems ok. There was an F-5 module installed(?) on the specs page it doesn't have an F-5 listed? What should the brace Height and ATA be for this bow? Yes, it had Bow Jacks installed, I just tried replaceing them with string leeches and it seemed to quiet down a bit. Keep the ideas coming though, I love the bow.

3H is what's on the limbs.

Fullback
01-06-2009, 11:33 PM
Martin STS solved the problem. Man what a difference it made. Bow is as quiet as my Switchback now!