PDA

View Full Version : Strings for my cheetah

rongcp
01-07-2009, 03:53 PM
I need new strings for my cheetah and standard are the double helix elite, but are these the best I can get for it or is there another string I may want to consider.

Coop
01-07-2009, 08:20 PM
I use the Vaportrail.com strings...pull up this site.. check it out...than you call them...and order your strings... the site tells you exactly what to do..
I've used them the last three yrs... no problems at all... they are also very fast at getting them to you. Good luck...

Also, have heard good things about Prostring.com....

bfisher
01-07-2009, 08:48 PM
I need new strings for my cheetah and standard are the double helix elite, but are these the best I can get for it or is there another string I may want to consider.

The Double Helix Elites are made by Stone Mountain if I got my info right. Pretty good strings. Mine are doing well in all respects on my FireCat. Are they the best strings out there? Who the heck knows. Who has tried them all?

Here's your best bet to be your own tester. Go to the classifieds on Archery Talk and find all the string makers. Check various websites and find what you think you might like. The ask some questions about them on AT. Pick one. Order your strings and put them on your bow. Shoot them and see how they act. Sometimes you have to try things to draw your own conclusions.

If you want specific answers about which string materials are best for what then string makers are the best ones to answer any questions. They work with them every day.

You want me to name some string makers? Winners Choice, Vapor Trail, H&M, Rock Solid, Prostrings, Bucknasty. This is just a sampling.

Personally I've used Winners Choice and they are good. Also the most expensive. Prostrings is another and they are well known. Bucknasty was my latest venture and have proven to be the better of the three. Then there is the Stone Mts on my FireCat which I can't see changing at this point.

rongcp
01-08-2009, 04:15 AM
Thanks for your input. I'm probably going to order another set of double helix since I need to order a sts also.