PDA

View Full Version : Questions/Opinions on building a Tigress Elite Dyna <or> Nitrous

SandSquid
01-09-2009, 08:14 AM
Soon as I'm done tinkering w/ my wife's bow, my daughter wants me to put Elite limbs on her Tigress riser, for 5-Spot competition shooting. (She just scored a 255 in her first competition shoot, with only practicing once in the past 4 months ;-)

I can use either the existing Dyna Cam off the current set-up (I have F-1, F4, F5, F-6 modules for it) Or find some Nitrous "A" cams, I have some small (HL) regular and X mods.

Since this bow was never offered by Martin, I'm first wondering if this is even a "valid", safe, reliabel shootable configuration.

Do you foresee any issues with brace height and ata for it's intended purpose?

We want it to max out at about 35-40# @ 27"

Any educated guesses as to what deflection limbs we should be looking to get?

How do I go about determining proper string and cable lengths for either the Dyna and Nitrous configuration options?

flytier17
01-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Most cam/limb options are interchangeable on most risers. Only don't put CAT cams on unreinforced limbs.

My Pantera was never offered with NOS X either, but as barry will also attest to, it is a very viable configuration.

For spots shooting, the NOS X cam excells with its tunability and draw cycle. it would be a much better choice IMO.

Alec

bfisher
01-09-2009, 02:40 PM
Soon as I'm done tinkering w/ my wife's bow, my daughter wants me to put Elite limbs on her Tigress riser, for 5-Spot competition shooting. (She just scored a 255 in her first competition shoot, with only practicing once in the past 4 months ;-)

I can use either the existing Dyna Cam off the current set-up (I have F-1, F4, F5, F-6 modules for it) Or find some Nitrous "A" cams, I have some small (HL) regular and X mods.

Since this bow was never offered by Martin, I'm first wondering if this is even a "valid", safe, reliabel shootable configuration.

Do you foresee any issues with brace height and ata for it's intended purpose?

We want it to max out at about 35-40# @ 27"

Any educated guesses as to what deflection limbs we should be looking to get?

How do I go about determining proper string and cable lengths for either the Dyna and Nitrous configuration options?

John,

Sounds like you got one heck of a shooting family there.

SandSquid
01-09-2009, 04:23 PM
John, Sounds like you got one heck of a shooting family there.

Aye! I'm extremely proud of them all. But between them and coacking the Church's Youth Archery Program, I'm always "broke" supporting their shooting... (Which is why I "treated myself" to that "new" P3. ;-)

Last night was the opening night or league and "Mrs. Squid" scored a 280/23X. The oldest(15yrs.) girl (who shoots the tigress) scored a 252/9X, (not 255) and has only practiced once since Thanksgiving. The Youngest (8yrs.) scored a 202/11 w/ her Parker SideKick.. (I've been searching for a reasonably priced tigress for her)

And, I'm man enough to admit the two older ones shoot better than I do, and the little one is catching up fast!!! Soon as I recover from my upcoming shoulder surgery (next Friday), look-out!!!!

SandSquid
01-09-2009, 04:33 PM
For spots shooting, the NOS X cam excells with its tunability and draw cycle. it would be a much better choice IMO.

That's what I was leaning towards....
Just need to find a set of reasonably priced Nitrous "A" cams! And hope I don't wind up needing mini mods instead of regular's... I guess I'll have no way of knowing where her draw length (27" currently) is going to fall in relation to the modules till I actually build it. and string it and then pull it.

SandSquid
01-09-2009, 04:34 PM
So how does one arrive at the proper string and cable lengths for a Frankenmartinİ?
I've never built a bow that I did not have some original specs to fall back on for lengths.

flytier17
01-09-2009, 08:04 PM
That's what I was leaning towards....
Just need to find a set of reasonably priced Nitrous "A" cams! And hope I don't wind up needing mini mods instead of regular's... I guess I'll have no way of knowing where her draw length (27" currently) is going to fall in relation to the modules till I actually build it. and string it and then pull it.

Send scepterman30X a PM. He may or may not have some NOS X A cams to trade or sell. He might also have the string length info...