PDA

View Full Version : scepter 2 z cams vs. Furious x

Unregistered
01-12-2009, 06:52 AM
I would be greatfull for any advise, I have a scepter 2 with Z cams. I notice the scepter 4 has a fuious X system . Can I install the Furious X on my Scepter 2 ? Would this be better for target shooting ? Is the X more forgiving than the Z ? And how is the X for tunning ? I am new at the sport, I shoot NFAA , And maybe its just me being new, But I find That there is some inconstance , and wondering if the Furious X Will be better.
Thanks Jim

b0w_bender
01-12-2009, 10:56 AM
I have 4 bows all are scepter 4s. My two target bows have the X system and the two hunting bows have the standard setup. I have no empirical data showing the X system to be more accurate or forgiving and I donít know of anyone who has put the two on a shooting machine to prove it. The X system should make it easier to get a center shot. The X system also removes any torque in the limbs so you would assume it would address issues caused by inconsistent limb flex. It also seems like having evenly dispersed weight across the limb tips would allow it to recover from a poor release as well. Hey to me it just looks like it would be more accurate. Having confidence in your equipment is important so Iím sticking with it.

scepterman30x
01-12-2009, 11:43 AM
You can't beat the Z cam for forgiveness...period. I would have to say it is inherently more forgiving than any Martin cam I have ever shot and I have pretty much shot them all.