PDA

View Full Version : Mpro cams

muley56
01-13-2009, 12:01 PM
I had to replace my cable a few months ago and I had this done by a non Martin pro shop. My question is , should you have to do any timing on the M-pro cams? As far as I know , he just put the new cable on and checked my nock point. I assumed that he should know what would be required to work on the bow as he has been in the business for 30+ years but then I got to rthinking he may not be familar with a different brand than he sells.

b0w_bender
01-13-2009, 02:37 PM
perhaps I'm mistaken but it was my understanding that the M-Pro was a single cam system.

So although it is important that it's cable with the correct orientation and withing specs it doesn't need to be synchronized.

Your dealer likely looked up the correct cable length or was able to extrapolate it from the one that was replaced.

Typically Martin has some pretty good info about cam tuning and orientation in their bow manuals. If you don't have yours they are available from the tech section of this site.

how does the draw lenght feel to you does it seem correct?
If an incorrect cable length was used it would surely change the draw length.

flytier17
01-13-2009, 02:56 PM
Timing here I think refers to rotation. If that is so, the correct rotation is 1/2-3/8" of groove showing where the string leaves the cam.

muley56
01-13-2009, 03:13 PM
You are correct about the rotation. This is what I was looking for. Thank you very much for the info.