PDA

View Full Version : Peep sight adjustments

rongcp
01-13-2009, 02:39 PM
Hi, I just had a new Zebra Hybrid string&cable put on my Martin, while at it I had them put on a Meta peep. After a couple of shots the peep rotation was off and I had to twist my nock so the peep would line up. Is this something I can correct or is this something I have to deal with or go back to the aligner peep with the rubber tubing? Any input will be greatly appreciated.

b0w_bender
01-13-2009, 02:51 PM
Well if you have a bow press it's a simple thing to correct. Depending on how off it is, a half turn of the string here or there will correct the problem. If it is slightly off than a full twist of the string will make incremental changes in the rotation of the peep. Caution to many or to few twists can affect your draw length and the performance of the cams.

Without a bow press I've found it to be much easier to take it back and have the dealer re-align it for you. make an effort to shoot 40 or 50 arrows through it while your at the shop to make sure it has settled in.

With most modern string materials once the initial creep is complete the strings stay relatively stable. So after your first 50 to 75 arrows are shot if the peep is still in alignment then it will probably stay that way.

flytier17
01-13-2009, 02:54 PM
First, I'm going to suggest to NEVER use Zebra strings. They are junk. You'll have twisting for the entire life of the string. Very few Zebra strings work well. I suggest ProStrings or some other high quality aftermarket string. ProStrings are a good choice. The quality is as good as you will find elsewhere, and they are not too expensive.

Usually, you settle a string itn with about 50 shots, and then twist them into spec length, and set your peep. That should be enough. However, With those Zebras, my hopes wouldn't be high. I would see if they stop stretching, and if not, use tubing.

rongcp
01-13-2009, 04:19 PM
First, I'm going to suggest to NEVER use Zebra strings. They are junk. You'll have twisting for the entire life of the string. Very few Zebra strings work well. I suggest ProStrings or some other high quality aftermarket string. ProStrings are a good choice. The quality is as good as you will find elsewhere, and they are not too expensive.

Usually, you settle a string itn with about 50 shots, and then twist them into spec length, and set your peep. That should be enough. However, With those Zebras, my hopes wouldn't be high. I would see if they stop stretching, and if not, use tubing.

Man, I hope their not junk. I just paid $80 for the string and cable. Appreciate your input though.

Highlander
01-13-2009, 04:55 PM
The Zebra-hybirds are junk, my peep creeps all the time. I just keep having the string twisted. Maybe it will stop creeping, maybe not. I'll never buy another Zebra string. I'll get a Prostring next.