PDA

View Full Version : Anatomy of Aerovane Ii

firenock
01-16-2009, 08:50 PM
I come up with the diagram, please help me to know if this make sense. I am new to this too. So I would not be offended if you tell me this do not make sense or straight out wrong. That is why I post it here so I can learn more and make it better before I decide to use it as an ad!

http://www.firenock.com/images/AnatomyAerovaneII.png

flytier17
01-17-2009, 11:31 AM
Well, it definetly stands out. However, it doesn't exacly explain the end results. Your average bowhunter / semi-serious shooter is not going to know the advantages of lift over drag. Results like 17" higher at 40yds, and super-flat trajectory are going to grab their attention more I think. Explain how the absence of drag improves groups at 40+ yds. Explain why these factors translate into more downrange speed and KE. Also make not of the fact that it will spin an arrow more than any other vane.

just my opinion,
Alec

firenock
01-17-2009, 11:55 AM
Well, it definetly stands out. However, it doesn't exacly explain the end results. Your average bowhunter / semi-serious shooter is not going to know the advantages of lift over drag. Results like 17" higher at 40yds, and super-flat trajectory are going to grab their attention more I think. Explain how the absence of drag improves groups at 40+ yds. Explain why these factors translate into more downrange speed and KE. Also make not of the fact that it will spin an arrow more than any other vane.

just my opinion,
Alec

The next round will be still photo with Firenock and head to head comparison with all major vanes on slow motion videos. There will be a 5 part deal on Firenock web site when it is done.

After all that, then I would draw conclusion so NO ONE can say I am just making marketing hype.. Or straight out lying about the results...

Got that feeling when one have something so different, no one want to believe me, so proof is of the essence.

alex
01-17-2009, 12:05 PM
This is quite impresive, but i am new to archery and can say that am confused.Flytier is right-make it simple-all these things sound great, but it is difficult (well, to be honest-impossible :D ) for a newbie like me to understand what would be the result.