PDA

View Full Version : Cam Lean

flytier17
01-18-2009, 03:14 PM
I am having trouble figuring out if my Scepter IV has cam lean. It has the Fury cams; yes, thats right, Fury not Furious. The cams are too small to lay an arrow on the side of them.

I thought of measuring the A2A on each side, and comparing, but that will not tell me which cable is long or short.

I thought of testing the relative tension in the cables, but acceeded to the fact that that particular proceedure would only serve to warn me of gross discrepencies, and would be insufficient for adequate determination of cam lean.

Any ideas? I must be missing something here. A lot of people shoot with small cams, fury; furious; Even the NOS "A" cam where the module extends to the edge of the cam. How is this properly done in such a situation?

Alec

flytier17
01-21-2009, 12:45 PM
Well guys? What say ye?

How about fixing the bow in a vice, and place a solid reference point near the bot that will have a fixed point between the limb tips vertically and horozontally, but back from the string. Measure from this point to all axels, and it will tll which limb tip is too far or too close.

However, I thnk it would be hard to do, and a royal pain to check all the time.

Anything else?

brushrat
01-21-2009, 04:09 PM
I'm not familiar with that type of bow, but is there a chance you could stretch a chalk line between your wheels and see which sides are touching? Just throwing things out there.................

scepterman30x
01-21-2009, 06:40 PM
What I had to do was use a very small dia. arrow shaft such as a ACC 3-18 or the like and lay it along the out side lobe part of the mod that sticks up (the inside will work also if the shaft is small enough). I know the Fury does not use a mod but you know what I mean.

flytier17
01-21-2009, 08:29 PM
With these Fury "0" cams, the module is inside the limb tip. I'll try post a pic tomorrow...

bfisher
01-22-2009, 08:35 AM
What I had to do was use a very small dia. arrow shaft such as a ACC 3-18 or the like and lay it along the out side lobe part of the mod that sticks up (the inside will work also if the shaft is small enough). I know the Fury does not use a mod but you know what I mean.

Yeah, I almost suggested removing the module and lay the arrow along the side of the cam, then caught myself---no module.

flytier17
01-22-2009, 12:14 PM
If they were furious or NOS "A", thats exactly what I would have done.