PDA

View Full Version : Nitrous vs Furious (X or not)

SandSquid
01-18-2009, 06:22 PM
now that my wife has deemed her ShadowCat Elite Nitroius to be "perfect", It's time to turn mt attention to her 3D and "real" hunting bow. I have it narrowed down to Cheetah Riser Magnum limbs. Now I'm hung up on and either Furious or Nitrous.Shoot Through or not

All things being the same (riser, limbs, strings rest, etc.) what are the inherent, and user noticeable differences between these two cams? Apparent draw weight, peak, valley, wall, speed, kinetic energy, etc.

So what do you think???
Cheetah Magnum Nitrous(-X?)
Cheetah Magnum Furious(-X?)

She'll probably be pulling 35 to 40# peak weight.

dbd870
01-19-2009, 06:37 AM
There is a quite a bit of personal preference on this but I don't like the wall on the Furious.

flytier17
01-19-2009, 07:03 AM
A Nitrous will be a more gentle rollover to and from peak weight, and it will have a shorter drop right into the wall, with almost no valley. It will also be faster; maybe as much as 15fps. And, it will be easier to adjust lean and limb twist when you can lay an arrow on the side of the cam.

Definetly NOS system.

As for X or not, that is preference. I like it bcause I can adjust cam lean and time the cams without a press. it also is very easy to tune. I also find it forces me to have better form when the cables stop me from straightening my arm.

The Furious cam is more of a spots cam than anything, where there is one distance, and all you want is a forgiving cam to shoot.

SandSquid
01-19-2009, 09:35 AM
Thanks for that detailed explanation!

If I'm interpreting this correctly, the Nitrous-X cams would be better suited for the outdoor, 3D/hunting, bow (Cheetah Magnum) and the Furious-X for the 5-Spot target bow (ShadowCat Elite).

Personally like the shoot-through system but she said it was too hard to load an arrow.. whatever:( ... I may just put the Furious-X cams on my bow and let all her bows be Nitrous. No matter what, I'm not touching her target bow (unless she asks me to) till AFTER State (next month) and Nationals (in March)is over. Shes shooting 290's and +30X's and settling down and finding her groove on the new bow, so I don't want to mess with that process by making ant radical changes on her

flytier17
01-20-2009, 06:56 AM
I wouldn't even say the Furious is necessarily better than itrous for indoor either. There, I think it comes down more to preference than anything, since a flat trajectory is not an issue. If she likes the Nitrous, By all means stick with it. There should be no reason to change.