PDA

View Full Version : limb missallined in limb pocket???

brushrat
01-18-2009, 09:43 PM
on my 08 bengal the top limb is jammed tight up against the edge of the limb pocket and is rubbing the finish off the edge of the limb. It is the Lh side as you are holding the bow. There is almost 1/16" clearance around all the other edges . Is this normal for it to have total contact on that one side of the limb only ? When adjusting the limb bolt on that top limb , i always feel like i have to be very carefull as to not raise or lower it in a bind and crack the butt of the limb. Relaxing the limbs and trying to scoot it over, to center it in the pocket does not work.

Has anybody experienced this with their bengal ,or any bow that has a box-type pocket that the limbs set down into?
I would appreciate any and all comments. thanks in advance.........:confused:

alex
01-20-2009, 03:23 AM
You'd better go to a pro-shop.

bfisher
01-20-2009, 05:14 AM
That's what I'd do. Martin has a very solid limb mount and you aren't going to shift the limb. The sides of the limb pockets are not what keeps the limb in alignment. It's possible that your particular limb got drilled a touch off center for the rockers.

I wouldn't think it would hurt anything but if it bothers you then it's worth having it looked at.

brushrat
01-20-2009, 10:24 AM
Interesting...... When looking under the limb , all i ever seen was what appeared to be 2 flat little metal pads that the limbs just layed on and the string pressure along with the edge of the pocket kept the limb in place. I suspected that maybe the lateral pressure from the idler (cam lean) just kept it forced to that side of the pocket. Now that i know that they are designed to be centered in the pocket and shouldn't move around, then yea it does sound like maybe something slipped a little during manufacturing.
It seems to shoot good, but am fearfull of a cracked limb down the road.

I sounds like i better take it in to town to an archery shop. When i know things aren't just right, it just keeps knawing at me and i can't let it go (i hate that).

Anybody else out there that has some rubbing going on along 1 of the edges of a limb and it hasn't hurt anything....i would appreciate your imput for sure. thanks again for everyones help......

08BENGAL
01-20-2009, 10:45 AM
My 08 bengals top limb is also off center to the left but i still have about 1/32" gap. It shoots great & i never thought much about it but i will keep my eye on it now.

brushrat
01-20-2009, 12:21 PM
Mine actually lays right up against the edge of the pocket. I just noticed it after relaxing the limbs when i went to install a new peep the other day. It's probably been that way since iv'e owned it ,but just didn't until it started to rub the finish off the edge. Maybe after 6 more months of shooting it will wear itself some clearance in there and maybe a non-issue, eh?

thanks for your letting me know that your 08 favors that side also. Maybe thats actually by design ,adding some benefit to the way it shoots....dunno.

Maybe another bengal owner will reply.....if several are that way maybe thats just normal...mine just happens to be a little closer than the rest. Again...dunno