PDA

View Full Version : Martin Cheetah Pro Series 1997

soulfire
01-19-2009, 06:28 PM
Hello there!

I'm new to the forum and i love archery, i bought a used Martin Cheetah Pro Series 1997 model, below the link to the specs.

http://www.martinarchery.com/bows1997/cheetahu.html

I'm wondering if anyone has the manual for this bow?? I want to know the exact tiller measurement for this bow, because there's a lot of difference between limb pockets.

I hope anyone outhere can help me... THANX in advance!

bfisher
01-20-2009, 05:31 AM
Welcome to the site. I can't help you with a specific measurement for tiller because it can vary. When tiller was publicized it was usually done so with the limb bolts bottomed. As you turn the limb bolts out the tiller can become greater. Best thing to do is measure the tiller and adjust the limbs till it measures the same top and bottom.

Another acceptable way of setting tiller even is to bottom both limbs and then back out the limb bolts evenly till the desired draw weight is achieved. At this point tiller should be even if the limbs are well matched (usually are).

Another way is to stretch a string from axle to axle and measure to this instead of the shooting string. With most single cam bows, especially older ones, the idler wheel and cam are of a different size so when measuring to the shooting string the tiller will measure different on top and bottom. It can also vary depending on how the cam is oriented.

FYI I always just use the first method (bottoming the limbs). Then take the measurement and keep a record of the difference between the two.

Hope this helps.

soulfire
01-20-2009, 01:50 PM
Another way is to stretch a string from axle to axle and measure to this instead of the shooting string. With most single cam bows, especially older ones, the idler wheel and cam are of a different size so when measuring to the shooting string the tiller will measure different on top and bottom. It can also vary depending on how the cam is oriented.

That's my case.!

I have a bigger idler wheel, then i should use this method!

Thank very much bfisher!!