PDA

View Full Version : sights for 09 MOAB

JT38off
01-20-2009, 07:50 PM
any one fans of the vital gear hollow pino angular sights, they are pricey but i like the view. also looking at trophy ridge sights as well. ive got a naked 09 moab im trying to set up for deer hunting. i know alot of it is preferrence but im looking for quality and light weight on every set up item. ya'lls input is greatly appreciated, thanks

bfisher
01-21-2009, 08:14 AM
Don't look at me. My Moab should be here next week and I still haven't decided for myself, and I already have a ton of stuff laying around here. Might put my Hogg-It on the sucker.

flytier17
01-21-2009, 09:38 AM
I love the spot-hogg sights. They are as durable and wellcrafted as can be had. They just might be a little heavy though.

SandSquid
01-21-2009, 10:08 AM
Huge fan of HHA Sliders.

I did find I had some clearance issues w/ th sight housing and the top limb pocket on a P3 by a 3/8" shim plate fixed that.

flytier17
01-21-2009, 12:40 PM
On a MOAB, cleareance with the pocket shouldn't be an issue due to the longer riser design of the parallell bows.

bfisher
01-21-2009, 06:01 PM
Huge fan of HHA Sliders.

I did find I had some clearance issues w/ th sight housing and the top limb pocket on a P3 by a 3/8" shim plate fixed that.

John,

How come the sight was hitting the limb pocket? Was it too high? Maybe lower your anchor a bit and the string peep with it. The sight will come down with it. That is, when you can shoot again.

For what it's worth my FireCat is sporting an HHA OL-5000. I did have a Hogg-It on it but my old eyes have trouble discerning one pin from the other. The colors just all blur together. That is partly because I had them sighted in for 20-25-30-35 (5th pin removed).

I've always been one to buy quality accessories, which means no plastic when it comes to sights. I like micro adjust, something that Spot Hogg doesn't have; meaning click adjustments. I have a Real Deal and Hogg-It and like them both for 3D. I don't like them for hunting as the pins are not protected as well as with the OL-5000.

I guess my other main reason for liking the HHA is that I shoot in a local 3D league in the Senior division. Although I shoot a bow set up basically for hunting I do change arrows for 3D, but most of the other "Old Guys" are shooting target equipment (Shure-Loc's, scopes, long stabilizers, etc). Guess I like an extra challenge.

Also I'm sticking to my guns that 3D os for hunters. I know all about the ASA and IBO and have shot them, but in making the rules and classes the way they have they have made 3D just another form of target archery and seem to have forgotten the "roots". Just an observation of why participation by the "little guys" has fallen way off the last couple of years.

OK, sorry for the hi-jack and ranting. I'm outa here.

SandSquid
01-21-2009, 06:22 PM
How come the sight was hitting the limb pocket? Was it too high?

Precisely.... I could not get it sighted in less than 15 yards in.

Maybe lower your anchor a bit and the string peep with it. The sight will come down with it. That is, when you can shoot again.

I did that, temporarily till I shimmed it.

I've always been one to buy quality accessories,

"Buy the best, and only cry once!"

Desmond
01-22-2009, 02:23 PM
any one fans of the vital gear hollow pino angular sights, im looking for quality and light weight on every set up item. ya'lls input is greatly appreciated, thanks

Hi there!,

I have the angular Compromiser model on my PII with .019 pin and like it a lot. Pin is super bright and it's the sight is super light. 3.5ozs Never had a problem with it.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i171/GILB8/DSC00022.jpg

Here's a link of where you can get it for less than $84 and free shipping :

http://shop.eaglearchery.com/browse.cfm/4,7184.html