PDA

View Full Version : Mystic with nitrous B cams?

Unregistered
01-24-2009, 06:16 AM
Hi everyone and Im grateful for being able to visit and ask questions on your forum. I have obtained much useful info and appreciate reading things that are of benefit to archery as I do here.

I have a couple of Scepter IV one is an elite with nitrous A cams and the other is a magnum with nitrous B cams and they are the best bows I have ever owned.

All that aside I have been recently wondering about the mystic and its specs and how it would shoot with nitrous B cams.

Im a short draw finger shooter with a 26.5 draw length. the S4 magnum is the shortest axle to axle I can handle as a finger shooter. Its a great bow but the S4 elite is more forgiving to the old fingers.

The mystic sports the same great grip as the Scepter 4 and seems to be a good in between size although I prefer the nitrous cams over the furious and prefer the B cams over the A cams.

My question is has anyone set one of these up and can give any info on how it holds and shoots (similiar to the scepter 4?) and the specs on the A2A, brace height, string and cable lenghts, effective draw lenght ranges and limbs poundages for a given limb no.

Sorry about the long winded post but would like to hear from those that may have put one together or can contribute info or personal experiences and opinions on the mystic.

I enjoy building my own bows and put my current ones together myself. I have also been toying with the idea of a Scepter 4 magnum with the mini m pro on it but thats another story.

Thanks in advance
Dan

flytier17
01-24-2009, 07:16 AM
Sounds like a good idea. I do like the nitrous X cam the best.

There are 2 bows i can think of that have similar A2A. The P3 art 38" with a 7" BH, and a C4 at 40" A2A and 6.5" BH. I would look at the specs for these two, and compare them to the mystis'c specs.

legolas
01-24-2009, 08:06 PM
sorry I can't help much with the setup, but after reading your post, I had to comment how impressed I am that you can shoot a short ATA with fingers. I was a "finger man" myself for almost 30 years, but had to give it up with the shorter ATA's. The mechanical release was very easy to adapt to, and I am much more consistent (no rolling of the string with the fingers anymore).
legolas

bfisher
01-24-2009, 08:27 PM
You might pose this question to LeEarl over on www.archerytalk.com. He's done so much with Martin bows I couldn't begin to fathom all his exploits. He just might have answers for you.